Abandoned cars are terrible

by aod626

Original Post

Abandoned cars are terrible

★★★ Newbie
Seriously the abandoned cars on this game are not worth the play time every car is either classic junk of cars why on Earth would you put old cars on this game? Soo many cars that deserve to be in this game for example Mitsubishi 3000gt has never been in no need for speed game, Toyota Supra, g35, 370z, mr2 for crying out loud nobody wants to drive 1955 Chevrolet bell air on a game that's about racing seriously i guarantee more people would enjoy this game and not waste there time typing this long list of car sugestions, I'm done with this game and need for speed games they can never get a game like underground 2 which was the best seriously what happened all the video games are becoming lame and lamer Please ******MITSUBISHI 3000GT VR4 ***
Message 1 of 13 (988 Views)

Re: Abandoned cars are terrible

★★ Expert

@aod626

I feel your pain and disgust in the NFS Franchise of streamline games they have been shoving out over the last 12 years in particular.

However, all this said, You know it all comes down to Car Manufactures and contracts with those companies if they make it into any game!

This also applies to all livery items we have for our cars too.

As for some of the classic cars like 1955, Chevrolet Bel Air is more for us older folks who had parents or actually grew up in this generation of cars.

Many players are just car enthusiasts who can appreciate classic cars and can value the well-meaning from E.A. to ad such a classic car.

It was not meant for speed...but to showcase another time period in American car engineering.

A car to joy ride in and just let the scenery go by in a slower pace with your loved one riding with you.

However I know young folks who really enjoy cars from all decades, and I find that refreshing when young folks take an interest in learning their history of cars.

I think the problem today is many people want instant gratification in life and in their video games too.

Everything has to be like fast food order take out...LOL

Folks have forgotten that every car had a start time in history, and its good to remind the younger players of a distant time in the past of such gem cars.

Classic cars are important to showcase in games, its a reminder that not every car has to go 200 MPH.

Bussiness model of today for game companies is all about profits and showcasing their manufacture's who made the deals to be in the game.

Bank Roll $$$$  is the bottom line regardless if you like or dislike the game.

The fact that you bought the game was proof positive that advertisement and promotion teams did their job to sell you the product.

The fruit in the garden sells by the eye appeal look & texture & taste.

So game companies know what it takes to make a  profit,

It's not necessarily what you the player wants in your games but game companies give you enough of a tease to influence your shopping habit.

So just enjoy the game, and realize even when a game lets you down.

Trust me E.A. has let me down many of times, but I guess they always find a way back into my wallet to buy the next game. LOL

You have a good day.

Regards

BLVD69

Message 2 of 13 (958 Views)

★★★ Guide
I love the abandoned cars and the fact that they included cars like the '55 Bel Air and Volvo Amazon. Can't please everybody, but I'm glad they tried to have a nice variety.
Message 3 of 13 (949 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

The majority of abandoned cars are some of the best cars in the game actually. The 2000GT is pretty bad but the rest excel in almost every class, especially the M3 E30. They don't have a lot of customization but that doesn't really matter, this is a racing game. If you want crappy Japanese domestics to play Pimp My Rice with there are plenty of indie drifting games on Steam to satisfy you, leave Need For Speed to the real car enthusiasts.

Geez, millennials eh?

Message 4 of 13 (941 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Ok first, that are so many things wrong with your post, Its unbelievable. It has been known for MONTHS that Toyota pulled their license from video games so the Toyota Supra and MR2 argument is void. As i can guarantee you do not speak for all of the fans, you really have no say so in what people want to drive and not want to drive. There are plenty of people who want to drive around in old cars. Also, what does this game being a racing game have to do with old cars? Do you think people do not race old cars or something? Also, if you are going to talk about something, at least say the correct label. The Bel Air is a derelict, not an abandoned car. You do realise the only cars that are not almost 20 years old are the G35 and 370Z right? All of the others you listed would be considered "old" cars as well. For God sakes man, use punctuation. I lost brain cells reading your post.

PS, a little hint, there is this thing call licensing.
Message 5 of 13 (924 Views)

★★ Pro

@mrtun3r

Holy *....i totally agree with you on them being the best cars in game. Well the world is coming to an end as we have agreed on something finally. 

j/k teasing Tongue out

Yeah i love the cars and finally seeing the 55 in game with as much detail as we have is awesome. Its been one of the cars since Midnight club that i always wanted to see in the NFS series. I like em all .

Message 6 of 13 (906 Views)

★★★ Guide

@master2g

I prefer the '57 but hey a Bel Air is a Bel Air. I just wish I could get white wall tires and dayton rims on it without having to mod the game.

Message 7 of 13 (889 Views)

★★ Pro

@mrtun3r

Im all for a 57 in game for sure.

Barrett-Jackson Bel Air 2 (barrett-jackson.com).jpg

Message 8 of 13 (873 Views)

★★ Expert

@master2g

Give me a Custom 1969 Dodge Dart 

Fun car to drive!

Regards

BLVD69

Message 9 of 13 (796 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@BLVD69

My man I grew up with a wrench in my hand. I have certification in automotive up to steering suspension and brake . Left to go be a service tech on forklifts and related . So my point is i have been a gear head for a long time and if we start talking cars is gonna be a very long thread lol. I’ll keep it short by saying if we are talking Darts let’s go a step above the gts and get one with black fenders, grey primer and no window cranks. 😉

Message 10 of 13 (784 Views)