AT-TE is now 7,000 HP again? (AT-TE's stats and abilities)

by Sati_Sati

Original Post

Re: AT-TE is now 7,000 HP again? (AT-TE's stats and abilities)

Champion

@ggibb65

As far as I can remember, I saw only once the droid win in 2nd/3rd phase.

(That game was very long, I suppose clones did not want to win and just make it longer.)

Message 11 of 14 (680 Views)

Champion

@-DW-GarthRevan

Yes! Only shooting the AT-TE and be defeated repeatedly for droids. It is very boring.

At least, EA people should increase the score for shooting the AT-TE.

And they need to make AT-TE's HP little lower.

Also for the clones, shooting the Spider Droid should be rewarded.

Now it is only a voluntary action. Embarrassed

Message 12 of 14 (677 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@EA_Atic- Hi Just a whinge about the AT-TE's on Geonosis. I am aware that the HP's were reduced these to enable a fairer battle for the droids however it is still not working with the droids only getting a rare win result if the game gets to 2nd or 3rd stage. There are a number of reasons why some of which I list below:

1. There are too many AT-TE's - 1 stage - 0 (1 if the existing is re-activated). 2nd stage - up to 10 until the Fuel ships are destroyed. 3rd stage - reinforced to a total of 10 again.

2. the HP's are still too high.

3. The Ion torpedo has been nerfed too much and is highly inaccurate in locking.

Take in the first instance point 1. It is not clear to me how many AT-TE's are actually available in the 3rd stage. I have seen the counter at O and still another AT-TE is being dropped. Is the game supposed to end when all AT-TE's are destroyed or when the clones have been?

Points 2 & 3 - this can be a mixture of inadequate weaponry & bad decision making by players. What I mean by that is that the Ion torpedo does not do enough damage since it was nerfed to protect the AT-ST's in other maps. It is also prone to deviating from it's locked target. I have now resorted to ditching one of my main weapons of protection to include the Ion turret in an attempt to get a few extra hits on the tanks. Has been a little futile as once they fire and being static, they are usually taken out very quickly by snipers or the tanks themselves. The same can be said for the ion torpedoes as having to wait for a lock and maintaining it can leave you prone to the same as the turret. Also with the torpedo, a recently destroyed tank, a speeder or LAT will only have to be nearby for the torpedo to break it's lock on the tank. In my mind, a torpedo should always do greater damage than rockets and never deviate once it is locked. 

As for decision making, the droids should be more interested in taking out the AT-TE,s & winning the match than increasing their kill ratio. After stage one, a lot more should re-arm with at least one tank busting weapon such as the ion torpedo or if they like close infighting then maybe the ion grenade. Maybe they do but are just not using it enough!!

I await thoughts of other's.

"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."

★★★ Guide

Actually won a game last night with the droids... a few things... we got off to a great start in phase 1... only 30 troops left before activating both panels, so only 7 ATTEs over all

The other team seemed to be inexperienced and not paying attention to detail as heavy infantry and MMT were relatively un-harassed 

I think the reinforced number for the ATTE is five

It was one of those rare teams where we had a lot of objective players.

However this is the exception 

Hopefully in the future they'll allow for you to control the walker droids which would help a lot

Message 14 of 14 (565 Views)