ALT-Tab disconnect during online match

by Wizardbrah42

Original Post

Accepted Solution

ALT-Tab disconnect during online match

★ Apprentice

Will this be fixed?

It will be the absolute deal breaker for me if I ever consider buying a FIFA game again.

No it wont help against cheater.

No it wont help by spending days configuring my PC so no popups will disconnect me.

I'd rather lose against cheater once a month than playing while being worried the game will kick me out any second and end up losing it+gaining DNF.

No I wont have to wait for the game to be over so I could change the song or youtube video I listen to while playing the game.

And no nobody believe the devs saying its a feature against cheating. Just admit it's a bug youre unwilling and unable to fix.

Please EA listen to us players for once. We've suffered enough from this genius 'feature'.

Message 1 of 17 (30,044 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: ALT-Tab disconnect during online match

Community Manager

@Wizardbrah42 This is working as intended and unlikely to be changed. 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 17 (29,964 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Wizardbrah42 This is working as intended and unlikely to be changed. 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 17 (29,965 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Ok thanks for your response.

It was disappointing. It's really hard for me to grasp the devs logic of keeping this useless annoying 'feature' despite protests from the community for several years. I'll protest with my wallet and encourage other like me to do the same.

PES looks promising this year and you can Alt-Tab there.

Message 3 of 17 (29,955 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

So nice seeing a community manager telling us EA intentionally sold us a broken game...

Message 4 of 17 (29,891 Views)

★★ Novice

This is so disgusting... In FUT Champions, i get "ALT TABBED" in games i'm winning by 2 or 3 goals... it's horrible. I remember there was a FIFA that this didn't happen... 

Message 5 of 17 (29,838 Views)

★★ Novice

i think i just brake the record with 9 alt+tab in this Weekend League

Message 6 of 17 (29,593 Views)

★★★ Novice

So far I lost at least 5-6 matches due to the alt+tab error. Some of the games I lost, I was  leading by 3:0. This is beyond frustrating and it's been going on for the last 3-4 years with the various FIFA PC editions. To make matters more upsetting, my PC is configured to have all notifications turned off and when the alt+tab error occurs I have no indication what caused it. I do not touch the mouse or the keyboard, just playing with the xbox controller and all of a sudden a win becomes a defeat + DNF. I think more people should speak out about this.

Message 7 of 17 (29,323 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Same happen to me I check my controllers one is old and the other is a new version... still looking for a solution!
Message 8 of 17 (29,175 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just got disconnected once more during the the weekend league. I fought so hard at that game and was winning until this freaking error occurred in the last second at the match. So pissed off. But what makes me more frustrated is there won't be a solution for it. EA lets us down again. I'm just curious, do you really feel comfortable to take so much money from us  while making this game so broken?

Message 9 of 17 (28,955 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This might be the all time stupidest "feature" in a game ever. Why? It really * up the experience, because you are constantly worried about it. It happens also when nothing pops up, so I don't think it even works as intended. If this "feature" is not removed, why don't you set up a timer, if you return in 5-15 seconds  you wouldn't be kicked out?

Message 10 of 17 (27,941 Views)