Re: AI - To heal only when team member health is lower than X%

by DavoDelysid

Original Post

AI - To heal only when team member health is lower than X%

★★★★ Apprentice

While I saw the other post regarding the AI automated battle in PVP, my concern lies with the healer's decision to heal. Could you also kindly look into when the AI decides it is appropriate to heal? For example, it should only use heals when any team member's health is less than X%. I think other games have done this, and its reasonable to be implemented. The AI is programmed to use skills > auto-attacks thus healers would just use their heal even when all members are full health. That is very poor usage of their abilities.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 5 (686 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Watching a healer heal the whole team on turn 1 before any damage is done is very frustrating. 

Other AI issues, I feel need addressed:

Characters using specials on opponents with a sliver of health, when a normal attack would have killed them

Characters using AoE moves when only one person is left to attack

Scatter brained targetting. A healer will be near death and no one will attack it for two turns, while scattering attacks among everyone else and giving the healer a chance to heal. Target priority is very important. 

Message 2 of 5 (655 Views)

★ Guide

@DavoDelysid wrote:

Scatter brained targetting. A healer will be near death and no one will attack it for two turns, while scattering attacks among everyone else and giving the healer a chance to heal. Target priority is very important. 

yes, would be good if we can somehow indicate target we want the team to focus on... 

but having said that, i believe team EA (Aaron) have mentioned several times that there will be a major revamp of PvP... just we dunno when it'll be implemented.

Message 3 of 5 (630 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I disagree. The current system adds depth to the PVP such that PVP wouldn't end up being a heal-a-ton. Such an implementation would make healers very efficient in PVP and others less so. Breaks the little balance we have now. Just like how characters do not focus their skills all on a single target for instant kill, the healers healing whenever the skill is available acts as a balance to class types. If it should be implemented, target-focused AI should be implemented as well, tanks taunting only when allies have low hp, debuff cleansers only using cleanse when allies debuffed etc.

I do own my own 'pimped up' healer line-up as well, but it would be disappointing to see the only viable PVP setup being Baris + Luminara + Jedi Consular + another healer + another healer... Once such an AI is implemented.

Adding on, healers from other games also made auto-PVP this way, healers simply heal whenever someone is damaged, irregardless of how damaged it is. What you suggested is a really simple code to implement (speaking from a IT undergrad perspective), but I think devs usually choose to leave it out for specific reasons. Hope to hear Aaron's thoughts on this.

Message 4 of 5 (626 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@SeroZeroes wrote:

I disagree. The current system adds depth to the PVP such that PVP wouldn't end up being a heal-a-ton. Such an implementation would make healers very efficient in PVP and others less so. Breaks the little balance we have now. Just like how characters do not focus their skills all on a single target for instant kill, the healers healing whenever the skill is available acts as a balance to class types. If it should be implemented, target-focused AI should be implemented as well, tanks taunting only when allies have low hp, debuff cleansers only using cleanse when allies debuffed etc.

I do own my own 'pimped up' healer line-up as well, but it would be disappointing to see the only viable PVP setup being Baris + Luminara + Jedi Consular + another healer + another healer... Once such an AI is implemented.

Adding on, healers from other games also made auto-PVP this way, healers simply heal whenever someone is damaged, irregardless of how damaged it is. What you suggested is a really simple code to implement (speaking from a IT undergrad perspective), but I think devs usually choose to leave it out for specific reasons. Hope to hear Aaron's thoughts on this.

but the problem is... healers typically heal the whole team whereas attackers are usually doing single targets while AoE characters don't seem to hit hard enough. as i shared in another thread, when the playing field is level (team rank is similar), the advantage seems to go to the team with most healers. healers usually heal faster than the opponents can damage...

if healers do targeted healing or does not heal the whole team, then i think it levels up the playing ground a bit... Wink

Message 5 of 5 (614 Views)