Re: ADD FREEROAM COPS!!!

by d0x360

Original Post

ADD FREEROAM COPS!!!

★★★ Newbie
We need cops to be roaming like in nfs 2012 but are as aggressive as in payback and in online freeroam (keep the bait crates in case you can't find a cop around) but if you are caught speeding or anything then they will come after you and/or your friends this would make the game so much more fun and also add much more traffic the game seems so lonely
Message 1 of 8 (641 Views)

★★★ Guide
I would HATE that idea. The bait crates are the perfect compromise, although I think they ought to have at least one crate available all the time, as you still currently have to wait for them to spawn sometimes.

Freeroam cops is a terrible idea that would take a lot of the fun out of the game and replace it with frustration. No offense to you, just giving my opinion.
Message 2 of 8 (623 Views)

★★ Pro

@Jabberwocky79

I just posted pretty much the same opinion in another thread. I agree the bait crates are the perfect on off switch. Want a massive chase then grab the crate and go nuts. Not interested and don't want cops getting your way while your go for that perfect event time or just want to cruise in peace then ignore the crates. I like it this way as I would get so mega ticked off in NFS 2015 when i would be about to score that perfect lap time and the cops would decide it was a great moment to pull a stupid maneuver and cause me to crash AND have to restart......more then a few times. A Windows  Xbox 360 controller was murdered due to that issue once . I don't miss those cops at all. My 2 cents as well.

Message 3 of 8 (609 Views)

Champion (Retired)
I agree. I think the perfect system was MW 2005. It was rewarding. Having just the bait crates makes it boring. Not to mention, have the bait crates are not very rewarding.
Message 4 of 8 (550 Views)

★ Apprentice
How about an option beyond the crates like a literal option in the menu that would turn cops on and off in single player mode.

I wouldn't have them be quite as aggressive as they are during an official Chase sequence but it would be nice to have them show up in free roam.

It's way more fun when the cops show up when you ARENT expecting them to.
Message 5 of 8 (535 Views)

★★ Expert

@bigpuppy388

I disagree it just won't work out if the cops are given total free roam to start busting people in free roam.

This would cause players to become aggravated over time, minus the fans of this mode.

As for myself I sure would not want to see cops running free and doing the cherry light chase with me in free roam.

As for the crates now this would be a good idea for those players looking to spice up free roam and get into a cop chase.

Hit a crate and boom cops on you like a beehive. buzzzzzzzz  LOL

For those not looking for extra attention in free roam, they could simply avoid the crates altogether.

This would be the best compromise for players.

Now the reality of cops in free roam running wild most likely won't be on E.A. agenda in the near future wish list.

Regards

BLVD69

Message 6 of 8 (500 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I totally agree with you but I honk there should be a switch to turn them on or off
That would mean no anger and for the fans that want them it would be great, thx for you answer cos I helped me think it through more
Wink
Message 7 of 8 (491 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I think the cops need an overhaul before you add them in free roam. If you play with a decent Runner car it's pointlessly easy, if you play with any other car it's frustrating as hell.

Message 8 of 8 (480 Views)