Re: A sim died whilst I was playing the game.

by jayreok

Original Post

A sim died whilst I was playing the game.

★★★ Novice

Ok. So a sim died whilst I was playing a different household. I can’t fins the tombstone anywhere I’m luding other lots. It’s frustrating as the ghost is costing me money and quite frankly weird flying a around. Please help. I’ve also tried to manage the households. Can’t fins her. 

Message 1 of 12 (492 Views)

Champion (Retired)

A Ghost is not costing you any money.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 12 (479 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@jayreok I must say.. I hate dealing with death and ghosts in the game. I'm a wimp... I almost always turn off aging, and that is one of the reasons why. you can turn aging off for your households &/or the community sims in your 'world' in settings: Go to the individual game (you can adjust aging per game) Options Menu > Game Options > Gameplay).

Anyway, it doesn't sound like you are enjoying them any more than I do, so I am including a link that will provide information about them, including how to get rid of them, depending on what you've decided to do about the ghost. http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/death/ghosts.php

Also, I did find a post by @Charliimai that had the following instructions, if the above did not have the information you need: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/810464/ghost-wont-go-away

Enable testing cheats. (testingcheats true)
Enable CAS Full Edit (cas.fulleditmode)
Shift click to add the ghost to family.
Shift click and choose Modify in CAS
Click the ghost and an X will appear in the upper right hand corner of the thumbnail. Click the X to delete.
Note....this completely deletes the Sim from the game, so make sure you really, really, REALLY want the ghost gone.

Note... in case you need this info: How enter cheats: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/how-to-cheat

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 3 of 12 (473 Views)

★★★ Novice

How you telling me what the ghost is doing?? Are you playing my game??  The ghost is breaking my shower and sink. I normally repair but on this occasion my sims were run down so I spent the money and stopped the flooding. 

Thanks🤙🤙

Message 4 of 12 (465 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey, I like the aging. Just not the ghosts lol. Thanks a lot I’ll have a look. 

Message 5 of 12 (464 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@jayreok Okay... I hope the info helps. Also, I added information about a cheat into my first post that may or may not have overlapped the time you read the post, so if you didn't see that information, that may be something you would like to check out also.

Let me know how it goes! Standard smile 

Message 6 of 12 (461 Views)

★★★ Novice

The link you added Was good I think I’ll be friend them and send them back if I can’t find their urn and they’re on the lot that I’ve bedn playing on 

I don’t like to cheat to tough. Except money cheat of course lol

thanks. 

Message 7 of 12 (450 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@jayreok 'Cheat' is rather a fluid concept in the sims. I never 'motherhood' for instance, and I can't think of any play cheats I use except sometimes forcing the season for certain builds I'm uploading to the gallery for community download (and I think adjusted traits once on my base/main sim (actually based on me and from my original household) when she was out roaming around and on the computer enough at one point that her mischief was getting up there. Haha... I need her a bit more stable than that.

On the other hand, the more you build using MOO (allows movement/placement tweaks to certain objects),' to adjust something is like drinking the Kool-aid. I use it now - but quite lightly and always turn it back off and test and re-test with placement and playtesting to make sure it won't be messed up in the placement and that all sim stuff is accessible for the household... which can be a real of a pain, but sometimes it's worth it, as I'm a real perfectionist. Price you pay and all. I insist on doing all of my builds and households no mods and no cc - and so they will place correctly without anyone having MOO on, etc. That's my thing, I guess.

Anyway, not all cheats here are created equally, and some of them I don't see as a legit 'cheat'. And there are the grey areas.... For instance, if I need a household to move into a lot to test it for me I don't 'Motherload' them to get the money... I move them in and out of household (separate and together... gains $20 each time) or have them sell inventory items or move in with someone with money or some such thing to get the money they need to move into the lot and test it... and they oftentimes don't keep the lot anyway.

I play with aging off, and have played a LOT so I have several multi-millionaire households, so it's not really hard to make any of that happen anyway, so calling it 'cheating' or not is all semantics at some points. 

Anyway, I hope it all smooths out for you and I am curious to see how the ghost thing goes. I have not dealt with a ghost since Sims 2, and I was so annoyed as they were freaking out my sims, or waking them up, etc., so I really don't know what they are like in Sims 4.

Message 8 of 12 (439 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Yes, they may break your stuff unless you upgraded to be unbreakable or bought things that already was unbreakable but as you noted you can simply repair it. As a bonus your Sim will increase in handiness so he can Expert Repair (repair takes 1 second) and upgrade to unbreakable. A Win/Win.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 9 of 12 (432 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah I hate using “mother lode” haha. I feel like I’ve ruined the game. One question. How do you get the families to be multi millionaire’s that’s good. I suppose you make all their traits “workaholics” in a sense right? 

I’ve tried befriending the ghost and asking her to move it. She’s not having any of it lol. I hate her. 

Message 10 of 12 (414 Views)