Re: A rant, a glitch and a VERY full household

by redrose0524

Original Post

A rant, a glitch and a VERY full household

★★ Apprentice

A Rant:

I absolutely love The Sims Mobile. But lately there have been so many changes to The Sims Mobile I am not happy about at all; the Llama Zoom tasks, paying for colors (*cry*) and all the rare heirlooms I can't/can no longer get (event-based or not). I have been playing the game since day one (US launch), I'm in my 27th generation of sims (totaling 101 sims), have retired 79 sims, made it to level 50, maxed out my lifestyle score and only have 4 plots of land left to build. YET... I still haven't gotten the original "Play it Again, Sim" piano heirloom. How is that even possible? My only option now is to buy it, but it doesn't even show up IN THE STORE. I've been sitting on a bunch of Sim Cash for weeks waiting for it to roll around, and it still hasn't. It's extremely irritating. But what's more irritating is when I am awarded the same five heirlooms every time I retire a sim. I'm not going to stop playing The Sims Mobile, because I've been addicted to everything Sims-related since The Sims was first released in 2000, but I just wish The Sims Mobile team would stop making the game feel so money-oriented. I spend enough money on The Sims franchise as it is, and I feel like they're trying to squeeze even more out of me. It's less fun when you're constantly thinking about money, that's all.

A Funny Glitch: 

I just wanted to share this because I thought it was the best harmless glitch I've experienced in the game so far. When one of my sims was having her adult birthday, she turned into a mannequin. A mannequin! Well, really an undeveloped sim. Then she turned into a normal sim just the other day, and ended up looking completely different than her mannequin self. Has this happened to anyone else? It just made me giggle, so I took some before-and-after screenshots for proof.

A Full House: 

I wanted to try this for a couple months, but I wasn't being patient enough to see it through until now. I wanted to see how many babies the game would let you have before the household was truly maxed out. The answer is eight (8) children. You can have up to eight children in a household with four playable sims (and no retired sims) before it tells you you're out of space. So right now I have 12 sims in my house and it is actual chaos. Every where I turn there are sims. They don't even fit in the household picture frame anymore. At least three sims will start doing push ups at the same time, the bathrooms and bedrooms are always crowded (which makes it difficult to replenish energy when I have to make them all leave) and there is constant chattering with the sound on. I wouldn't NOT recommend trying it, but just know that, at some point, all your sim kids will age into adults and they'll congregate in your kitchen for no reason at all. 

I am going to retire my four main sims after the Winter Warm-up event and see if I can make more children without kicking out any sims. I'm assuming it probably won't work. But hey, you have to get creative to keep the game interesting, right?

Message 1 of 12 (3,707 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Hi @ginathesim! I totally agree with you. I’ve been playing the Sims Mobile for a long time (and what’s worse is that my progress keeps resetting to level 1).

I want to share a funny glitch too where the baby would float mid air whenever moving the bassinet. I’ve also experienced another glitch in the game where Emily turned into a mannequin!

Just like you I have a full household except I don’t retire my four sims (I’m attached to them!). In case I accidentally press the retirement button, it will say “Full household. Make some space for your retired sim” - that way they’ll never retire.

It annoys me that the NPCs stay in the bathroom for what seems like an eternity - what do they even do there? I often move the toilets, bathtubs and showers to a different empty room just so that my sims can recover some energy.

I love the Sims Mobile but I also dislike the new changes to the game (I think everyone else does). I hope there’ll be better updates in the future..

Message 2 of 12 (3,604 Views)

I can assure you the Piano heirloom is out there, it's 600 simcash and had the offer yesterday! Do your offers at all change?

If you want you can post the screenshot of the mannequin in this post:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Open-Living-Izzy-s-Mannequin-present-in-Marketplace/td-p/70010...
The mannequin challenge is really getting out of hand Tongue out

The full family picture I've never seen, never dared getting so many Sims in the household. You're brave for trying and testing!
But it could use a bug report as it's a sort of graphical glitch:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/the-sims-mobile-bug-reports-en

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 3 of 12 (3,547 Views)

★★ Apprentice

HIi @HatsuneLotus! Your progress keeps starting over?! I can't imagine I would be so frustrated! I almost spit my drink out when I saw the picture of your floating baby. Large smile That is the first time I have ever seen that glitch and I am not disappointed. And I don't know why the NPCs choose those rooms! Just today, all but one of the children were standing in the kitchen, and the other was maniacally laughing alone in the bedroom on a loop. I think it's possible that having such a full household could be creating some new minor glitches for me.

@Phantomlover1717 I'm relieved that it's in circulation! My offers change, yes, but I have yet to see the piano heirloom come through at all. Frown I've been checking every day for weeks! The most recent sim cash offer that came around was the dance instructor heirloom a week ago, and again yesterday. Much like the repetitive heirlooms I get with my retired sims, it seems like the same few keep circulating through the store as well. I can definitely put a bug report in for a graphical glitch with my household, but how would you recommend I explain it? Should I mention the cut-off picture frame, the room congregation, the fact that one of my children turned into a mannequin or all of those things?

All that being said, I wouldn't recommend trying to max out your household. I think it's possible mine no longer have the option to retire. Unless they're just not ready (I've aged them all at the same time), but it almost seems like it's been unnaturally long since I chose their last personality traits. I will update when I have a better idea!

Message 4 of 12 (3,507 Views)

I would keep one bug report for each issue. So I'd recommend a report about how the photo gets cut off when you have a large family. 
The mannequins I would keep in the post about mannequins, well Izzy's mannequin but by now it's become way more than that. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 5 of 12 (3,503 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@ginathesim ha ha! Seems like my sim’s baby has the ability to float mid air!Large smile

Though there is a thread here about not being able to retire sims. There’s not a lot of posts but hope it helps!

Message 6 of 12 (3,488 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

You’ll never get the main item in whatever your playing I.e. the hot tub. I’m sure the hot tub will be for sale soon. Rare heirlooms must be bought, I bought the piano one for 600. The whole idea of these games is for the company to make $$. This is the bottom line. So either you roll with it or you spend your money. It does ruin the event when you keep getting bathing suit bottoms and you wonder why you keep playing. Sometimes I just skip the events so I’m not disappointed.IMO.

Message 7 of 12 (3,412 Views)

★★★ Guide

Hot tubs are available in surprising choices for 2000 Simcash, which is hard to get unless you spend real currency on this. 

Message 8 of 12 (3,404 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I just spent 50 sim dollars in hopes of getting a rare item as advertised but instead I got another color bathing suit! Really?.

Message 9 of 12 (3,362 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@HatsuneLotus Update! My sims were able to retire, lol. I wasn't sure if maybe there were just too many sims in the house so my game decided to defy aging. But all good! I just had to immediately move them all out, since there was no space left for them whatsoever. 

@Phantomlover1717 The day after I responded to your comment the piano heirloom popped up in my shop! I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT. And then the Llamanati quest line popped up right after that, so now I can't help but wonder if it really was a coincidence, or... Secret But, either way, it finally showed up and I was able to get it, so things are back on track in my Sims Mobile life (mostly).

@redrose0524 See that's just it! I totally don't mind spending a couple bucks every now and then on the game, but I agree completely. Sometimes the reward doesn't always pay off, or I realize I can't get the event done in time for the final prize, so I stop doing it because I'm just disappointed in my pre-failure (and lack of time to finish everything). That being said, I totally failed the Llamanati quest because I didn't have time over the weekend to finish all the llama zoom tasks.... sigh.

And I'm so sorry! That's def the worst possible outcome on paying for a prize with sim cash. Devil You're braver than I am for taking that chance lol.

On another note... can we also bring back The Sims Social? That game was bae circa 2011 *cry* Broken heart

Message 10 of 12 (3,310 Views)