Re: A gameplay idea and some buffs/nerfs

by xrmiao4

Original Post

A gameplay idea and some buffs/nerfs

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

New gameplay feature for Flame tank:

Buffing the flame tanks DPS is risky because it can switch from UP to OP really fast. So I had an idea to simply make it leave flames after death.

Suggestion to let Flame Tank leave an inferno on the ground after death, (same as inferno and scarab bombs).

This would simply give the flame tank more options, for example if you get it close to the enemy base but obviously won't have time to burn it down due to it's damage and HP nerfs, if you park it near the enemy spawn point and let it die, this can buy you time to take Launch Pads or do something else strategic. The Inferno would kill all trained ground units for 5(?) seconds.

This would also make the flame tank little more unique, as it would be the only flame tank engulfed in flames.

This is also a double edged sword, enemy can use this to your disadvantage as well, so be careful.

This could be considered a buff or nerf, depending how you look at it.

Flame tank is the biggest flame fueled tank in the game so that's why it is selected, Widow and flametroopers should obviously not get this feature, and Avatar already explodes.

Buff/nerfs:

GDI:

Liang Drone cost to 50 from 40. (10 more)

Ion Cannon cost 140 from 150. (10 less)

Shatterer slight buff to base damage. (It's using shockwave weaponry after all)

Nod:

Seth Drillpods cost 60 from 70. (10 less) (40 for Flametroopers at the level of your commander + 20 for the drillpod)

Scavengers cost to 40 from 30. (10 more)

Tick Tank cost 70 from 80. (10 less) Listen, this is a balanced tank, it's worse then a Scorpion while moving but better when still. Just different utilities. Should cost same.

Tiberium fields deadlier, do more damage. Currently they basically have no threat level.

Indirect buff to: Zone Trooper, Scarabs, Mutant marauder and Chem Warrior.

Message 1 of 8 (561 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Slingshot can shoot base.

Message 2 of 8 (543 Views)

★ Guide

@xrmiao4 wrote:

Thanks for the clarification, never seen it.

Message 3 of 8 (538 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@xrmiao4 wrote:

It even can shoot Kane's obelisk, don't know much if it can against strong-arm turret.

Message 4 of 8 (532 Views)

★ Guide

Removed Slingshot from the list, added a possible tiberium field buff to the list too, I think this will add more strategic and also guard your harvesters from infantry harass slightly more.

Message 5 of 8 (497 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@incia wrote:

Tick Tank cost 70 from 80. (10 less) Listen, this is a balanced tank, it's worse then a Scorpion while moving but better when still. Just different utilities. Should cost same.

Tiberium fields deadlier, do more damage. Currently they basically have no threat level.

Indirect buff to: Zone Trooper, Scarabs, Mutant marauder and Chem Warrior.

I say the cost should stay the same if the tick tank receives a small buff. It should have like 10 to 15% more Hp and increase in speed whilst losing 5 to 10% less defense buff. Even if the tick tank costs the same as a scorpion tank, its low health makes it unsuitable against other vehicles. I still would want its speed to increase.

You want it deadlier? TIberium should come in 2 forms, green and blue. 2 tiberium fields are green, the other blue. Blue is more valuable, but also dangerous. Blue tiberium fields are the ones closer to the center, and if a catalyst missile lands on it, its explosion radius is bigger, instead of 7 tiles, it would be 13, 7 core tiles and 6 more towards above, below, upper and lower left and right. Units that are tiberium immune to the green one are also immune to the blue one.

Message 6 of 8 (480 Views)

★ Guide

Yes slightly deadlier, though that blue tib idea sounds insane :D full screen detonation each time blue tib explodes. :D

But really, I sometimes leave a rocket squad with 1 guy left when I notice he's standing on tib (shooting my harv), only to think the tib will finish him off while I concentrate on other stuff (his harvs or the launch pads), but it still takes like 30 seconds if not more to kill that lousy 1 rocket guy, and sometimes they even kill the harv during that time, it's like the tiberium fields do next to no damage really. In tib dawn your guys burned if they walked 3 squares over tib, good ol days (but this is obviously overkill, just wanted to still point it out).

Message 7 of 8 (473 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@incia wrote:

Yes slightly deadlier, though that blue tib idea sounds insane :D full screen detonation each time blue tib explodes. :D

Nope, the explosion just covers 13 tiles, not the who screen. If this ever occurred, the explosion would wipe out everything in the map! A normal tiberium field catalyst missile destroys units in a 7 tile radius, the blue one, in a star shaped 13 tile radius. You think your unit is safe if it stands outside the tiberium field, think again. You must keep your distance as the explosion is much larger.

Message 8 of 8 (466 Views)