A comment on the efficacy of emotes

by j03n1nj4

Original Post

A comment on the efficacy of emotes

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I bought the Lt. Strongarm emotes and I love them.  They remind me of the fantastic old cheesy cutscenes.  However, I can't use them until the game actually starts (such as the greeting one) so I have to start focusing on playing before I can use an emote.  Then, the matches tend to be pretty active and mico managey (which I love) so it's difficult to find a time during the match to use them.  Add to this that the emote button is so small and hard to access!  Why isn't it just the Avatar picture?  Lastly, I win (or lose) and then I can't use an emote!  The game end screen comes up super fast and I can't emote on it.  And several times I manage to get to the emote screen and click an emote before that screen, but it just closed the emote menu without playing any emote! Why?  They are already so expensive, make them easier to use!  I don't mind paying for them (wish they were cheaper) especially prefer paying for cosmetics over pay to win *crap (which this game is sadly full of).

Message 1 of 8 (451 Views)

Re: A comment on the efficacy of emotes

The interface is half-baked.  These games are way too intense most of the time.

They really should have focused development effort on other passive vanity items or additional paid for commanders with unique powers.

Message 2 of 8 (435 Views)

Great job CEO. You approved a feature that totally can't be used. 

Message 3 of 8 (410 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @j03n1nj4,

Thanks for your feedback! I'm happy to hear that you enjoy Strongarm's emotes Standard smile

When the menu closes without playing an emote - is that in the  middle of your match, or when the match is getting ready to end?

Message 4 of 8 (373 Views)

★★★ Novice

It is when the match is about to end.  If I win by Nuke, once the winning nuke launches I can't emote.  The menu opens but when I click an emote it just closes the menu with out playing any emote.

Message 5 of 8 (364 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I personally haven‘t seen the emotes in action, neither in my games or in spectated games. I wonder if some people will buy the emotes of oxana/jackson since those are the most common commanders. 

But still sad that I could‘t even judge the existing emotes.

Message 6 of 8 (358 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

That's fair, and something that I encounter myself when trying to sneak in a GG before the battle ends. 

Message 7 of 8 (353 Views)

★ Guide

Saw this coming miles away. Go look at some of my other comments about the vanity crap. All this is not worth the hassle and price! Sorry to hear about your bad luck with them.

Message 8 of 8 (347 Views)