Re: A Surprising Choice; A Surprising BURN more accurate.

by vo2fmhhjs4k2

Original Post

A Surprising Choice; A Surprising BURN more accurate.

★★ Novice

So my business man got offered to help coworker embezel funds or not. If I help, I'd get an awsome cloud of shame for 8hours and no bonus*. If I refuse I get +50% career xp for meazly 3 hours AND what I thought would be a bonus of 50 sim cash. Now maybe I am just slow (I am), but it didn't actualy state it would cost me 50 sim cash, it just had the 50 simcash icon after the choice. I WANTED the cloud of shame for 8 hourse but 50 sim cash bonus (I thought) was to hard to pass up. ARrrg I literaly face palmed when I saw that my simcash went down to 5. I't took soooo long to save up 50.

While here ranting, I'd just like to say to anyone from EA reading this:

You make your money through adds, I would gladly watch more adds if you made doing so WORTH it. The ONLY time I will watch an add is if i happen to get an extra superhome (or whatever they are called) ticket. For an extra 25 simoleans and a  +1 sim ticket.... PHHhht no way man. 25 simoleans is like the equivelent of 1/25 of a penny. NOW if you offerd me some simcash and +15 energy or a more than common ticket, I would always opt to watch an add.

That is all,

Good day.

Message 1 of 10 (2,855 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@Vesent-Oresun  I got the same surprising choice.  SimCash is too hard to come by.  I cringed when I read your post.  I dislike that one of the few new features is a cash grab.  I like your ideas for ad incentives though.  Maybe EA will listen.

Welcome to HQ

Message 2 of 10 (2,818 Views)

★★★ Guide
Yes I agree @rmwi855 @Vesent-Oresun an ad incentive would be amazing! I watch a ton of adds but I get a little impatient when I want certain things and end up making an in store purchase for sim cash and I hate when I do that haha 😂
Message 3 of 10 (2,813 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Surprising choice that need lot sim cash to spend seems weird(for example, hot tub that cost you 2000 sim cash, some player wont buy it(its hard to get sim cash except you good enough in real life to buy simcash or you using simcash hack(simcash hack video everywhere on you...., its reality some of player using this hack to boost their home, i didnt recommend any player using this hack tho). Just my opinion.

i wish ea team will check their player, no need check all of player, just check some player who spend many sim cash in game, for example player who spend more than 2000 sim cash. Please check their transaction(purchasing history) or how they get sim cash. For clean and better community. @EA_Mai @SimGuruMaaike

Message 4 of 10 (2,791 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm so glad I'm not the only one bristling at these new "Surprising Choices".  Two of them especially grind my gears: the embezzlement one mentioned here, and the sandwich thief one.  In both cases, the player is expected to PAY HARD EARNED Sims CASH in order to do the RIGHT thing.  What, I have to pay in order to be honest?  This is wrong on so many levels.  Rather than rewarding good, responsible, moral choices, EA is charging players to do the right thing.  This is HORRIBLE!!  This is actually starting to make me actively angry with the game.  If it isn't fixed and SOON, I'm going to quit altogether.

P.S.: I also made the mistake of clicking the 50-sims cash button on one of the "choices".  it gave me a bonus to my professional points for a few hours.  But the only character I have working right now is already at level 10, so it's a total waste, and it cost me those 50-bucks.  This is utterly ridiculous.

Message 5 of 10 (2,676 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@vo2fmhhjs4k2 wrote:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one bristling at these new "Surprising Choices".  Two of them especially grind my gears: the embezzlement one mentioned here, and the sandwich thief one.  In both cases, the player is expected to PAY HARD EARNED Sims CASH in order to do the RIGHT thing.  What, I have to pay in order to be honest?  This is wrong on so many levels.  Rather than rewarding good, responsible, moral choices, EA is charging players to do the right thing.  This is HORRIBLE 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Totally THIS. ⬆️   ICAM    I’m not even fond of the MEAN Heirlooms!

I want to be Entertained & have fun when playing games, otherwise I can just watch the nightly News if I want to focus on bad, immoral, cruel, &  inhumane behaviors & acts of violence. 

I’m sure there are those who don’t think it’s a big deal, but in the bigger scheme of things in Life,  I’d rather lean to the kind & good and be a better example especially for the younger players.  

EA has the opportunity to influence in a good way, much like Facebook had to reevaluate their way of doing things. JMHO

Getting off off my soapbox, yet again- Excuse My Rant

Message 6 of 10 (2,664 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@katclawsx3 wrote:

@vo2fmhhjs4k2 wrote:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one bristling at these new "Surprising Choices".  Two of them especially grind my gears: the embezzlement one mentioned here, and the sandwich thief one.  In both cases, the player is expected to PAY HARD EARNED Sims CASH in order to do the RIGHT thing.  What, I have to pay in order to be honest?  This is wrong on so many levels.  Rather than rewarding good, responsible, moral choices, EA is charging players to do the right thing.  This is HORRIBLE 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I want to be Entertained & have fun when playing games, otherwise I can just watch the nightly News if I want to focus on bad, immoral, cruel, &  inhumane behaviors & acts of violence. 

I’m sure there are those who don’t think it’s a big deal, but in the bigger scheme of things in Life,  I’d rather lean to the kind & good and be a better example especially for the younger players.  

EA has the opportunity to influence in a good way, much like Facebook had to reevaluate their way of doing things. JMHO

I concur.

Message 7 of 10 (2,662 Views)

★★★ Novice
This surprising Chou e function has ruined the game for me. The more often I play, the more often I have to choose. It blows through expensive sim cash and cupcakes for benefits (10-50% more on your activities) I am not asking for a don’t want. If I choose to let my Sim get sick or tired instead, it is much less fun to play. I would have chosen a sick or tired Sim to start if I wanted this. It’s an unintended rip off and adds nothing to enjoying the game. Either make the coat some simcoins or discontinue altogether.
Message 8 of 10 (2,588 Views)

★★★ Novice
I totally agree x100. The choices do not jibe at all. I don’t want my Sim to have to pay to do the right thing.
Message 9 of 10 (2,586 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@katclawsx3 wrote:

@vo2fmhhjs4k2 wrote:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Agreed. We should not have to pay to do the right thing! Wrong message to send!

Message 10 of 10 (2,569 Views)