90%+ challenge battles (mostly unwinnable)

by 96a02c75039de88b1a32429266e54581

Original Post

Re: 90%+ challenge battles (mostly unwinnable)

★★★★ Apprentice

MarineCPL...you sounded very much like an EA staff. 

I think losing a game on a fair fight even if losing >10 battles in a row is still fine. Just like when playing mario, you can lose 50+ times only to pass the stage. But if you can see the matching is up against your current unit combination most of the time (90% +), it just take out the fun. That’s all. It only tells me that I should not  waste money buying diamonds at all if this is how the matching works. 

Message 21 of 67 (771 Views)

@totorodc12345 wrote:

MarineCPL...you sounded very much like an EA staff. 

I think losing a game on a fair fight even if losing >10 battles in a row is still fine. Just like when playing mario, you can lose 50+ times only to pass the stage. But if you can see the matching is up against your current unit combination most of the time (90% +), it just take out the fun. That’s all. It only tells me that I should not  waste money buying diamonds at all if this is how the matching works. 

I used to get a lot of challenge battles because my units were at level 8's in Platinum and Masters league. 

That seems to be what's happening to you. You have advanced yourself to the point that you are in a league with low units going against people that have higher units. Once you upgrade those units, those same opponents won't be challenge battles that previously were.

I just tell it like it is. Not trying to be EA staff. That's an insult! Lol!  If I were EA staff, I would scrap all this ridiculous stuff like crates that don't have the cards you need, emotes and all that other nonsense that they charge you for at ridiculous prices and just charge a dollar for everything else that actually matters like leveling up your units or buying a cloning chamber or a specific card.

Message 22 of 67 (763 Views)

Hi MarineCPL,

I agree it’s normal to lose games, but the way the game behaves if you’re “too good” isn’t acceptable.

To provide the entire story, I had reached level 60 in a previous run before my game crashed and I was reset to level 0, sadly with a game that turned out not to be saved.  To reach this level I had bought a few elements in the store (luckily not too many).

This probably gave me some personal experience which allowed me to progress quickly through the initial stages.  However, today, even though trying to be patient, I still face vastly superior units most of the time and multiple losses where I just can’t stand up to the opposing units.  I explained in a previous post that being level 20 I came up against units available from level 57!!! This really feels as an exaggerated difference 😣

This is just my 5 cents...

Message 23 of 67 (758 Views)

[ Edited ]

That's their experience level. If your experience level is low but you are kicking * moving up the leagues, you'll face other people in your league that have more experience than you. If the game only tried to match you with people that have your same experience level at such a high league, you would never have any opponents unless they matched you with people from lower leagues. 

Their experience level may be higher but their units are within the league standards. 

I'm not sure if I'm explaining it in a way that makes sense. 

They can't match you with people from Gold league for example at experience level 30 if you made your way up to Diamond league because you play well. You have to play the people that are in your league. Kind of liked a rookie that made the majors from the minors in baseball. You can't be playing against people in the minors with your experience. You stay where you are and get better. 

Message 24 of 67 (745 Views)

Yes, but facing off against someone who has level 8 juggernaut and mammoth tanks if you have level 8 titan and level 7 zone trooper hardly gives you a chance???

Message 25 of 67 (736 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Fully agree with NicViking01. The game design is really screwed that the match algorithm itself is at a dilemma as explained by Marinecpl. Given as such, players are not getting a fair fight. Thus the phrase ‘pay to win’. You pay for more diamond to get coins to upgrade your units in order to get out of this unfair battle. So that explain how this game is charging you for. You pay to get out of frustration. Not to get fun in playing the game. 

Message 26 of 67 (726 Views)

[ Edited ]
Spoiler

Just went through an “unranked” event... result: 7 wins, 3 losses, which is totally acceptable, although I again came up against some strong units...

Message 27 of 67 (711 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I was in master 3. After season end somehow I am put into diamond 1.  I hv upgraded a few unit to lvl10. Now my opponents are lvl11 and 13. Seriously you really get * off big time if you really buy diamond to upgrade your units only to be facing units 1-2 lvls higher and get into a “kill your bikes with rhino” situation. Seriously, what is the EA folks trying to do here? * every1 off so that we start uninstalling ??? 

Message 28 of 67 (669 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @totorodc12345,

With the season reset, players earn medals based on their highest rank. This determines where you start this season. Because you were in Master League last season, you've earned enough medals to start in Diamond League this season.

The cap for Diamond league is level 11. With the season just starting, it is very likely that you're facing players who may have already upgraded their units and are at, or near, the league cap. 

Message 29 of 67 (652 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having a similar problem now @EA_dance210. It's gotten so bad that I honestly think I'm going to have to quit playing, because it's no longer fun. Despite trying to change my tactics and strategies, my win rate has sunk to a low 20% in Diamond after the season reset. Prior to the season end I was able to hold a decent 50% in low Masters. I have no idea what changed with the matchmaking but whatever it was it's legitimately sucked all of the fun out of the game, and I'm beginning to regret having spent money on diamonds.

Message 30 of 67 (629 Views)