Re: 90%+ challenge battles (mostly unwinnable)

by BattaIia

Original Post

90%+ challenge battles (mostly unwinnable)

I keep on getting challenge battles (80-90% of the time)

This makes no fun at all, since most are not winnable since opposing forces are vastly superior and have more powerful options

Why is it that “regular” opponents are not proposed?

Very bad for game and fun

Message 1 of 67 (2,554 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @96a02c75039de88b1a32429266e54581,

Would you mind giving me more information, so we can look into why you may be encountering so many Challenge Battles. Do you know what type or types of Challenge Battles you get the most often - unlocked units, high unit levels or highly ranked opponents? What league are you currently in and what level are your units? Thanks for the info!

Message 2 of 67 (2,531 Views)

Hi,

I believe it’s mainly high level units

I’m platinum 3 for GDI and gold 3 for NOD.

The problem occurs for both types of units

I have added 3 photos of typical units I use and progress in the game,

Best regards

Message 3 of 67 (2,520 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Looks to me like you are doing too well. Your army is WELL below the league cap, so you kinda wedged your account into a position where your levels aren't what the average is for the league, but you can't go back down so you are stuck duking it out with higher levels but lower skill.
Message 4 of 67 (2,512 Views)

Well this is no fun at all 🤮

key problem is the lack of firepower when faced with zone troopers or cyborgs which are level 8 or 9 while only having a wolverine level 6 or widow maker level 7 as the strongest solution.

if this keeps going on I’ll just quit... 

it’s incredible to be sanctioned for having been “too good”

Message 5 of 67 (2,441 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

You should use shockwave and flame troopers instead.

Here’s the mystery, if two units strong vs each other, they don’t counter each other. Then it's just high lvl wins low lvl, tech wins nontech, etc... fair fight

A counter is: 1) you strong vs the other; 2) the other is NOT strong vs you

Message 6 of 67 (2,436 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@xrmiao4 wrote:

You should use shockwave and flame troopers instead.

Yeah, this.

When your opponent has higher level units, it is very important to bring exactly the right counter every time. Usually this means a lot of micromanagement - thus, repositioning your units constantly.

Message 7 of 67 (2,406 Views)

★ Guide

Same thing happened to me for a while. I made a thread whining about it because my win rate plummeted and losing 10+ games in a row isn't fun. I'd just suggest keep going until your units are 8-9 and then things balance out more. I still sometimes get matched against people with all lvl 13 units and I nearly always get stomped but there just aren't as many people with high level decks like that so I'm usually facing those around two above instead which is far more manageable.

I still stand by my previous thread though that you shouldn't be penalised for playing more than ten games a day. 

Message 8 of 67 (2,377 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Trolloween  schrieb:

I still stand by my previous thread though that you shouldn't be penalised for playing more than ten games a day. 

Wrong mindset! Don't see it as a penalty, take it as a honor to your skill. Being that high with low units bring you a nice amount of cards and coins at reset, even if you lose you'll lvl up very quickly because of that.

Additionally, who should they draw as your opponent when no one with a equal Deck is there or looking for a fight? 

I made it into Master with lvl 8 Units, the first battles are bad, yeah, but sooner or later you get the twist how to win vs them and I guarantee you it's possible! 

Message 9 of 67 (2,370 Views)

★ Guide

I'm in masters 1 right now with mostly lvl 9 units (lvled up my only 8 yesterday and have one ten now too). I just think there should maybe be another league before masters because the unit lvl jump is considerable and although yeah you can see it as 'well done us' I'm only playing for fun and being crushed by lvl 13 players isn't that fun really is it? I'd still like to play good players but with my excuses removed for losing. Having bikes die to rhinos and tanks die to wolverines and never having a defender advantage isn't really how the game should be played and I have to run specific decks that aren't that competitive in many ways just to overcome the odds. So yes I stand by it and it would be good if you earned cards/credits for every win, but that would cut into the p2w profits so it isn't viable. But another league might help space out the player levels better since it seems the majority are in masters which seems like a mistake. You don't see lvl 15 in bronze league and shouldn't be seeing lvl 13 vs lvl 8s and 9s so consistently in masters. I am trying to stay in masters 1 without going up or down for this reason. 

And to those that insist levels make no difference, you're just wrong. For one simple example you need to double every unit to win, one flame squad cannot hold a pad vs one enemy higher rank flame squad so you must use two or include another specific unit in your deck. Most games I lose its because I am outplayed but then there are many I could have won if I wasn't forced to use specific counters like chem buggies. 

Message 10 of 67 (2,365 Views)