7 Units in the Battlefield

by juantastik

Original Post

7 Units in the Battlefield

★★ Novice

How and when is it even possible to have 7 units at one point in the battlefield? Seems a bit excessive.

Message 1 of 10 (606 Views)

Re: 7 Units in the Battlefield

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

The more units you have on the field, the longer it takes to build new ones. But there is no unit cap, so you can potentially build so many that the whole map is filled. But this is impossible because a match lasts only for a maximum of 8 minutes and this is not enough time to fill the whole map.

If your units don‘t die you can eventually have seven or more on the field, but this is kinda rare.

Look how many units I had here: https://youtu.be/be_xsC5edrA 

Its just a custom, but it shows that you can theoretically have as many units as the map allows. The only thing stopping you from doing that is the 8 minute timer.

Message 2 of 10 (598 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@xMaksuss has it down. I think it's a 45 second wait for a new unit with a full pop cap. Little bit of a reward for preserving your units lives I suppose.
Message 3 of 10 (591 Views)

★ Guide

I once tried doing something like this on one challenge battle where the opponent didn't do anything. I scouted with a rifleman and missile squad scouts. Only to find out he didn't train a harvester or any unit. What I did is order predator tanks and dispose of my infantry squads. I had 6 predator tanks and a harvester, I thought I needed 1 more predator to finish a quest, then I realized that I didn't. I then told the predators to clean up his base. I would have had 8 units if I thought I needed 7 predators.

Message 4 of 10 (565 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Full of almost dead units is dangerous you can lose the missile in a sudden by everyone getting killed at the same time.

Message 5 of 10 (559 Views)

★ Guide

Well that is because the person knows how to micro in such a way that his healthier units take damage whilst his weaker ones deal the shots. Its called advanced countering, where you screw the enemy's units and have it attack something they're not effective against.

Message 6 of 10 (542 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Well good player knows not to kill almost dead units.

Message 7 of 10 (531 Views)

★ Guide

They could hold the pads, but they do that better. When a almost dead unit is part of the army, one could choose to have it sacrificed to order a new unit. They're only needed when the pad is near launching.

Message 8 of 10 (521 Views)

★ Guide

Speaking of 7 or more units, what is the maximum unit amount if one uses Seth to order flame troopers while waiting for new units to be ordered. This is assuming the game needs to end with a tie and the enemy is not doing anything. I was hoping for something like 20.

Message 9 of 10 (486 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Can make plenty of extra units with Seth, but a drillpod also resets unit cooldown as if you made a unit so...

Also on a side note, if an APC pops then that also resets your build timer for some reason.
Message 10 of 10 (474 Views)