Re: 2 players versus 2 players battle match command and conquer rivals

by EinarThePillager

Original Post

2 players versus 2 players battle match command and conquer rivals

★★★ Newbie

Please bring out multiplayer battle maps , for 2 players vs 2 players !!

Message 1 of 10 (842 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

This has been suggested many many times already, even by me. I would love to see it, but I think it would be hard to implement, including all the new maps they would have to create.

I think I have a better and much simpler solution. Just let 4 people play on the maps we already have:

2 players per team, each team has their own base, so we have 2 in total, no need to even change the maps at all. Each player has his own tiberium income and can build his own units. Your units have faction specific colors (either red/blue for Nod/GDI), enemy units still have the opposite color (red if you are blue, blue if you are red), but allied units are green. Normal rules apply to the games, however, tiberium income is increased very slightly, but you can build only 1 harvester. If you need tech, there is an option to request/donate tiberium to your ally. The reduced harvester count is to reduce the amount of units of the field. To further reduce this, you can have 1 less unit on the field in total (In the normal game, if you have 4 units on the field the unit respawn timer is longer, and when you have 6 units on the field getting a seventh out it really hard. With this change you can have 5 units on the field before the timer is very long.).

This is how I would introduce the 4 player mode since you don't really have to change much for it to work.

Message 2 of 10 (825 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I just don't see how 2 versus 2 would work on a small smartphone screen.

Message 3 of 10 (809 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Mister_Crac wrote:

You scroll with two fingers or scroll at the very edge of the screen. When selecting units for a deck, you can't select ones that are to the very left or right (maybe it should be the same thing when it comes to scrolling). Those cards are the ones that are partially visible.

Message 4 of 10 (802 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Mister_Crac wrote:

Read my suggestion above. It‘s the same maps, same interface, just 2 players sharing 1 base. And obviously this would work on a small phone screen, since nothing about the maps or the interface is changed.

Message 5 of 10 (792 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@xMaksuss wrote:

Read my suggestion above. It‘s the same maps, same interface, just 2 players sharing 1 base. And obviously this would work on a small phone screen, since nothing about the maps or the interface is changed.

There would still be more units on the field than there are now, and with the current setup this would simply not be playable.

Also, can you please leave this nonsense be where you increase the font size in which you post? It is annoying to always have to fix that when quoting your posts. Frown

Message 6 of 10 (788 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I can‘t see that well, having the text a bit bigger really helps me to type.

To reduce the total amount of units on the field I also had the suggestion of reducing the pop cap. But tbh I don‘t think that too many units on the field is that bad, we have to betatest it to see if the game is still playable with so many units on the field. Maybe increasing the unit respawn timer will be necessary. 

I think with some experimentation and optimization a 2 vs 2 mode on the same maps is indeed possible. 

Message 7 of 10 (781 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@xMaksuss wrote:

To reduce the total amount of units on the field I also had the suggestion of reducing the pop cap. But tbh I don‘t think that too many units on the field is that bad, we have to beta test it to see if the game is still playable with so many units on the field. Maybe increasing the unit respawn timer will be necessary. 

I think with some experimentation and optimization a 2 vs 2 mode on the same maps is indeed possible. 

I think a map would get too crowded if there were like 20 to 24 units moving and attacking the other team. Proven that half of all the units are lined up on one side, doing an offense might be tricky if there are so many units guarding each other. Chances are the central pad is left vacant cause all 4 players don't want to risk being attacked with at least 8 units at once. It might end badly with ties again and again. I would suggest a 10 to 20% map size increase and allow allied units to occupy the same tile. Also tiberium should be more valuable as you only get to have 2 nodes as the other belongs to your ally. I would suggest that the tiberium lasts twice as long. I have a feeling Ion cannon and catalyst missiles can be used to break a really tough defense. We should also implement a unit exclusive to this map to break tough defenses. The demo truck I suggested before would be nice, even if GDI uses it. For GDI, however, the driver in an AI, like a robot sitting on the driver's seat.

Message 8 of 10 (776 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@xMaksuss wrote:

Well then all is forgiven. Standard smile

@xMaksuss wrote:

To reduce the total amount of units on the field I also had the suggestion of reducing the pop cap. But tbh I don‘t think that too many units on the field is that bad, we have to betatest it to see if the game is still playable with so many units on the field. Maybe increasing the unit respawn timer will be necessary. 

I think it might also be a problem if one of the four players has a disconnect. Then the one remaining person on that team would have to fight against two armies - doesn't seem really fair.

Message 9 of 10 (774 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Mister_Crac wrote:

@xMaksuss wrote:

Well then all is forgiven. Standard smile

@xMaksuss wrote:

I think it might also be a problem if one of the four players has a disconnect. Then the one remaining person on that team would have to fight against two armies - doesn't seem really fair.

2 vs 1 isn't fair unless the lone player is a psycho who thinks he can beat two thugs with a baseball bat. It would be a tough run for that lone player, so I would suggest that if someone disconnects, his ally should gain control of his harvesters, units, limit cap and tiberium. Then he can face 2 opponents like a mad man. Proven the player has a strong reaction time, he could beat or at least give his two OP opponents a hard time winning.

Message 10 of 10 (771 Views)