11 plus losing battles

by me12345678910987

Original Post

11 plus losing battles

★★★★★ Novice

Wtf 11 plus battles lost this is bs I am going to be done with this game if you can’t match me up to appropriate levels     I have same level trips maxed out defending and still lose.  F this Do you want suggestions * actually make battles the way that they should be evenly matched

Message 1 of 14 (679 Views)

Re: 11 plus losing battles

★★★ Guide

I doubt you'll listen to reason - but ability > unit levels.

Granted at 3+ levels it becomes almost impossible - but 1-2, easily done.  Watch high ranking matches, you'll see it done time and time AND TIME again.

Change your strategy, your deck, ask for help.

Message 2 of 14 (668 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Community: Don't go racing up the leagues, you will put yourself in a position where all you face is +2 and +3 units.

Player: *ignores community and does it anyway only to face +2 and +3 every game*

Player:

pika.jpg

Seriously. Your matchmaker is based on medals. You get medals from winning. Too many streaks, too many (old) challenge battles, and you wedge your account into a position you cannot sustain. If you are locked into a league, your only option is to wait and level up to finally play again, or take a break until reset. After that, don't wedge your account into a league that you cannot play competitively in.

Message 3 of 14 (665 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

So your solution for me to ENJOY the game is A:  lose purposefully so that I can level up all my troops be at the top max out everything so I can crush everyone      B: To enjoy the game is to not play the game or enjoy the game so that way then when it’s reset I can then play and maybe not have the same problem.         A:  means that I won’t get the tiered rewards for doing well and only relying on crates every 12 hours and fuel for crates  and eventually I run out of diamonds to rush the crates because I’m not getting the cards that I need to get to level up the troops that I have in my deck end it also doesn’t get me credits in order to actually up the troops because you don’t get very many from doing out of that      B:   I will never get to get crates or do anything except for maybe 12 hours and so they are for all never level up anything and just hope for better luck in the month        How about I just quit the game and tell EA to screw themselves          How about matches are just evenly matched versus unit levels and not PVP 

Message 4 of 14 (656 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Feel free to do what you gotta do. But pushing your account into getting locked into a league that is only against +2 or +3 like you describe isn't going to be fun. I've done it myself and regretted it immensely. Just played my daily bounties and wins and nothing more till the issue was resolved. Luckily for you there is a monthly reset now. Before I was stuck.
Message 5 of 14 (650 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

With the monthly resets, everything is so much more casual.  For me, there is no longer this "need" to battle as much as I can, to get back into my old Leagues (Master I & II).  With the unit level caps, I can concentrate more on playing well against similarly levelled players (I'm at Platinum League, so up to level 10 units).  This means that I can chill a bit more and concentrate on trying to level up my units to level 11 in preparation for Diamond League.  

Again, each player to their own.  You play how you want to play.  But do know that there are caveats of moving ahead in Leagues if you do not have the levelled up units to complete with.

Message 6 of 14 (638 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@BattaIia 

i always enjoy your advice, but I don’t get this one. So in order to not face way better teams is to not play? Or play and not win? That’s kinda BS. How can we enjoy the game if we don’t play it? Or play it to lose so that we don’t medal up too fast? There has to be a better solution. 

So so basically if you are looking for a game that you can play continuously, this is t the game?

Message 7 of 14 (619 Views)

★ Guide
There is no right answer here. The game is stacked against the player 100% Either you play too much and get too far ahead and then you cant progress any more and loose all the time or you just don't play the game. Either way its a losse/loose situation.
Message 8 of 14 (610 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Sadly infantryman has it right. If you are at a point where your levels are on par with most of your opponents, gaining medals will only put you in a higher matchmaker. If you are ready to proceed up the ranks, then play away, but if you are happy you should attempt to aim for equilibrium.

Dev's have said they don't want someone who plays all day to get ahead of someone who can only play a handful of games and this is the result.

Good news is, this trap only works one way. Once you hit a level below league caps, you don't generally struggle with levels as much anymore. So after a reset, you can enjoy some guilt free rivals for a time.

But if you push yourself too far; too quickly (like I did) You are going to not enjoy the game until your levels can catch up to your ambition. And honestly, if I could do things differently, I would have. Sure, +2 and +3 teaches you some very important game mechanics, like requiring lasers for your tanks to micro through during a tank v tank battle when you are under leveled, but for the majority of it, it's just not fun, and not worth it. So I recommend t everyone not to push their medal count unless you are ready for the next tier.
Message 9 of 14 (603 Views)

★★★ Guide

As another note - since this just happened to me - you sometimes need to just break out of a rut.  For some reason I just couldn't advance with GDI the last week.  No idea why -  I don't really play any different then with NOD...

But I dropped my Talon for another vehicle - played just a little less aggresive at the very opening and, for whatever reason, I broke my miasma.  I have an 11-win streak with GDI and moved up leagues.

For everyone, take breath, get outside of yourself a little, change you deck up - if you're playing too safe go more agro - if you always go tennis balls to the wall then maybe back off a little.  It's probably good advice for you in RL as well as in game.

Message 10 of 14 (600 Views)