about subscription/expansions

by xoki1993

Original Post

about subscription/expansions

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi
I would like to know a few information about subscription

If I buy a 1 month sub, do I get full access to all expansions ?
If the 1 month sub time ends can i still access all expansion content (planets, max level etc) as a preffered player?

I'm confused because ot the United Forces 30-Day Premium Pack for 20usd
It says that it gives access to all expansions, but I thought the normal sub gives the same for 15usd

I played a lot as a f2p (around 16 level 50 chars), i have almost everything unlocked expect the expansions which you can't unlock just by playing.

I don't have too much time to play, but I want to get back to the game after a long break.

No time to play ---> wasted sub time, but I still want to play the expansions, so subbing is the cheapest way to get the expansions?

I know ppl asked this a few times already but I want to make sure before I buy something, when I don't play too much.

EDIT: 

can I gift a sub to a friend so he can access all content with me?

Message 1 of 5 (501 Views)

Re: about subscription/expansions

★★★ Guide

The regular subscription should give you access to all of the current the expansions and you will be able to access planets and chapters after you are no longer subbed. However, you will not have access to the Galactic Command and command points once you are no longer a sub. This will affect higher level gearing.

Message 2 of 5 (491 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

thank you for your answer
i want to play the story, so the end game gear is not important to me, the most important is to acces all story and max lvl which I can with a 1 month sub

i have one more question I forgot to ask is:

Message 3 of 5 (480 Views)

★★★ Guide
It's not just end game gear. At a certain point you need it just to get level appropriate gear.

However you can buy a sub time code and send it to your friend. Amazon sells them, just look for the time cards and buy a digital code instead.
Message 4 of 5 (471 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@xoki1993 wrote:

thank you for your answer
i want to play the story, so the end game gear is not important to me, the most important is to acces all story and max lvl which I can with a 1 month sub

i have one more question I forgot to ask is:

Hi,

Yes you can gift a subscription to a friend. Just not through the Swtor website.

To gift a sub to a friend, simply buy a Timecard from eg. Amazon or some other online seller. After you receive the code from the seller simply mail it to your friend to apply to thier account via thier account at the Swtor website.

Hope that helps

Standard smile

Message 5 of 5 (351 Views)