Why are other players able to loot my enemy NPCs?

by LeMerSud

Original Post

Why are other players able to loot my enemy NPCs?

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Over the past few days I've noticed a few places where I seem to be pulled into other players' fights, or they seem to have the ability to affect mine.

On Zakuul the other day I passed someone fighting droids. I kept walking, as I normally do, but several of the greyed-out NPCs turned red for me as I walked by. They wouldn't go away and I had to jump off a ledge and kill my character to get them out of this other player's fight.

And then I was on Ziost, fighting one of the droids you "wake up" from the ground, and I noticed another player standing a short distance away. When the droid was down to about 5% they suddenly jumped in and helped me finish it off. When I tried to loot the droid I got a "group loot" box. I was not in a group with this person.

I am really hoping this is a bug and not "working as intended" because it isn't fair for a player to be able to loot from an NPC they did 5% of the work on, when they had not been invited to group. 

Is there any way to disable this? I already have group invites on auto-decline, have all chat channels disabled and unchecked the box for "allow suggested invites."

If this is how the game is going to be from now on, it's reason enough to quit it entirely for me. If I have not chosen to be in a group I don't want to be in a group and I don't want to be pulled into other players' fights or have them freeload off mine. 

(And please don't respond with "it's an MMO" or "learn to be social" or any of that).

Message 1 of 3 (700 Views)

Re: Why are other players able to loot my enemy NPCs?

Hero

@LeMerSud 

Being pulled in an fight can happen, should not normally but it can.
 For example if an Mob gets in an fight, the Player somehow leave the fight an you are in aggro range sometimes it jumps on you.
 Just run out of range an forget about it.

Looting is personal if you are in an group some loot is for you and some for everyone, you then see every personal unclaimed loot if you are looting,
in open world, solo, if you click on one loot mark ever loot in reach get on that point that can look confusing but your loot don't get stolen from anybody.

For the thing Ziost, if you are an subscriber i would recommend to write an bug report, it at least sounds a lot like one.

I don't work for EA/ BW, I'm only another player.

My Swtor referall Link
Message 2 of 3 (629 Views)

Re: Why are other players able to loot my enemy NPCs?

★ Apprentice

@Ahrngrim, that's how I've always understood loot to work, yes. It was why it surprised me so much when that box with "group loot" popped up when I was playing solo and that other player jumped into my fight at the last minute, completely uninvited. There was no reason group loot should have been offered in that case and no reason that other player should have had any credit for my kill. 

I am not a subscriber currently so I can't submit a ticket in-game but I do hope someone from EA will take notice and make sure it doesn't happen to other players. 

Message 3 of 3 (623 Views)