Unable to buy 30 day subscription using pre paid card and ea wallet

by stormtrooper934

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to buy 30 day subscription using pre paid card and ea wallet

★★★ Novice

Hello, I want to buy the 30 day subscription from the old republic website but I don't know how to use my ea wallet as well as a pre paid card to do it. Is there any way to do this?

Message 1 of 3 (530 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to buy 30 day subscription using pre paid card and ea wallet

Hero

@stormtrooper934

Unfortunately EA eallew cannot be used to purchase subscription time through swtor.com.  the only forms of payment allowed are Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, American Express, Discover, JCB, Visa Electron, Visa Delta as per here.

Payment methods slightly vary based on other countries but those are pretty much it.

Now as far as your prepaid card is concerned if it was a Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover logo on it then you can use that on swtor.com like a credit card to get a subscription.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (714 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@stormtrooper934

Unfortunately EA eallew cannot be used to purchase subscription time through swtor.com.  the only forms of payment allowed are Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, American Express, Discover, JCB, Visa Electron, Visa Delta as per here.

Payment methods slightly vary based on other countries but those are pretty much it.

Now as far as your prepaid card is concerned if it was a Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover logo on it then you can use that on swtor.com like a credit card to get a subscription.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 3 (715 Views)

EA SWTOR Team

@stormtrooper934

I am afraid a pre-paid credit card won't work on 30 days subscription and only for the non-recurring 60 days one. 

This comes due to the fact that a pre-paid credit card is not guaranteed to have enough money on them to keep the recurring 30 days subscription going. You can use them on the 60 day game time as that one is a once off and should there be enough on your pre-paid credit card you can purchase it. 

The same goes for the Ea wallet. I believe you are able to use that for a 60 day subscription as @Belgorad said. 

Hope that clears it up a bit.

~Kat

Message 3 of 3 (503 Views)