Re: Seeker droid

by Rorhi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Seeker droid

★ Guide

I think seeker droid or game system has some problem, it's detection is not good at all, how can "something in the area" WILL disappeared  after you can't successfully dig it out? Does this mean any special thing bear underground HAS time limit?

Message 1 of 7 (1,009 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Guide

I'm not sure, but I suspect it may move periodically. However, the main problem with seeker droid detection is that there is no way to tell when you have stopped tracking one item and have started tracking a new item. This confuses detection a lot. Even with boosts you may still go in circles for a long time. 

Nevertheless, the seeker area never changes so you might need to give it a little time then go back in and look to see if the special item is back again.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (1,243 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide

I'm not sure, but I suspect it may move periodically. However, the main problem with seeker droid detection is that there is no way to tell when you have stopped tracking one item and have started tracking a new item. This confuses detection a lot. Even with boosts you may still go in circles for a long time. 

Nevertheless, the seeker area never changes so you might need to give it a little time then go back in and look to see if the special item is back again.

Message 2 of 7 (1,244 Views)

★ Guide

All you said, I knew. So it's very annoying even I use enhancer, the range or distance just killing anyone who tries it, consuming time is another factor also.

I hope develop team can see into this, along with datacorn (e.g. on Makeb), and HK 51's parts. Make things much easier !

Message 3 of 7 (989 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The seeker droid areas are not designed for you to quickly find things.  It's content designed to give SWTOR players an activity to, for lack of a better term, spend time on.  While there are definitely players who spend time using the seeker droid in the zones where they can find items it doesn't seem like there are very many players who do so.  BioWare Austin is unlikely to update seeker droid search areas due to the low number of players utilizing the content.

Message 4 of 7 (976 Views)

★★★ Guide

True, although, more people would use the seeker droid if there were newer, more desirable rewards and if it was less of a time waster. There is a difference between spending time and wasting it. Some tasks feel strongly like the time to complete them has been artificially inflated and the seeker droid is one of them.

The reward to time ratio is just off with seeker droids. It's like finding HK parts now. Now that 51 is no different than other companions, it's not worth searching for his parts anymore. The reward no longer outweighs the time spent. Since the seeker rewards aren't particularly desirable compared to rewards from other activities, it's not worth searching for anymore. Again, the reward no longer outweighs the time spent.

Message 5 of 7 (971 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I agree.  It's just that I think BioWare won't be updating seeker droid content because it would do very little to nothing in the way of gaining new players or retaining existing players.  BioWare Austin has fewer development resources these days and those resources are best spent on creating content that will appeal to the widest swath of players possible.  Seeker droid content doesn't meet that criteria.

Message 6 of 7 (961 Views)

★★★ Guide

It's also a rare likelihood these days, but happened a lot when seeker droid was shiny and new, there is only one "good" item per searchable spot. If someone else is in the area and finds it, it will disappear for everyone.

------------------------------------------------------------------
alt-maniac extraordinaire
the Harbinger server
too many 65s to count
Imperial and Republic player

NOT an EA employee, just a volunteer here to help
Permanently sleep-depped, runs on caffeine and chocolate
Slightly Sarcastic
Message 7 of 7 (911 Views)