Same Gender Romance

by PrincessNyxie

Original Post

Same Gender Romance

★★★★ Novice

Why can't you have same sex romances? I understand in the "real world" not everyone likes the same gender, but this isn't the real world. It's disappointing... I'm a female who likes to play as a female character and romance female companions. I think it's unfair that if I want to romance someone it has to be a guy, or I have to change my character to be male so I can romance a female. It's not the most important thing in the game but I do enjoy it, especially for a Jedi because of how taboo (kinda) it is to have a romance. 

Why do they not let us have cute gay Jedi and Sith? Frown

Message 1 of 7 (868 Views)

Re: Same Gender Romance

Hero

@PrincessNyxie

They have added a couple of same-sex romances for female characters with that being Lana Beniko as the main one that you can romance as both a male or female.  If you play republic then during the Rise of the Hutt Cartel storyline you can romance Lemda Avesta for female republic characters as well.

More may get added in time for same-sex romances for male and female but currently the selection is limited.  It has nothing to do with real world reasons of not wanting to do it but more of plans for the game in general.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 7 (857 Views)

★ Guide

Storyline romance means nothing and empty, you can't and won't see them trough story progresses, so, it's only companion romance counts.

My idea is you can abandon the one you don't like and make certain number of character story and planet arc replace him/her.

Message 3 of 7 (842 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I didn't know! I tried reaserchjng which gender you had to be to romance the companions you get and they all sad no same sex. I couldn't find anything else! But that makes me a little happier! :D
Message 4 of 7 (828 Views)

★ Guide

Since no strict prohibited about same sex romance in both Jedi and Sith order, it's a good selling point.

Message 5 of 7 (823 Views)

★★★ Guide

Part of the reason you don't see more is that more variation means more work to be done. Right now it seems they barely have the people and resource to do what they've already discussed doing. Should resources be funneled back into this game there may be an expansion on options across many areas. I don't know if that will happen though. I believe that choice is above the pay grade of even the devs.

Message 6 of 7 (817 Views)

★ Guide

1. Remake KOTOR 1&2

2. Make KOTOR 3

3. See if any volunteers or anyone who is available 

4. Gathering revenue and people, make changes ! Make SWTOR great and great again !

Message 7 of 7 (807 Views)