Re: SWTOR Races Confusion

by dacrossdude2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SWTOR Races Confusion

★★ Novice

So I am a new player to TOR, and so far I'm enjoying it. But one thing I do not understand is how to play as other races. I am a F2Player and would like to start playing as a Chiss Bounty Hunter, and a Sith Race Assassin. But these options are blocked from the character creator. I know of how to purchase them from the Cartel Store but I know there is some other way of unlocking them manually. All I know about it is that some people have reached Lvl 50 with the respective race. But if you cannot create a character to begin with, then how can you level it to 50?

Message 1 of 6 (906 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

@dacrossdude2

Ok I did some googling and found this page here and it states:

"The Human, Zabrak and Cyborg species are available for all playable classes for free-to-play players. All others must be purchased one way or another, whether that be through the Cartel Market, or through purchasing subscriber status."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (1,195 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@dacrossdude2

Some races are locked behind specific factions / classes.  For example the sith race by default is for the empire side only.  So what you would need to do is check each faction and class to see which one the race you want is available for.  The create that specific class and level it to 50 to unlock it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

– Yoda

Message 2 of 6 (883 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Yeah, I mean I get that there are Faction Specific races, though no matter what class I choose, the Sith Race and the Chiss don't appear to be usable for any classes of both factions, so I am unable to create a character to level said race to 50. Thanks for the answer though, I think I understand if I level a Sith or Republic race to 50 I can use it for both factions

Message 3 of 6 (880 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@dacrossdude2

Ok I did some googling and found this page here and it states:

"The Human, Zabrak and Cyborg species are available for all playable classes for free-to-play players. All others must be purchased one way or another, whether that be through the Cartel Market, or through purchasing subscriber status."

– Yoda

Message 4 of 6 (1,196 Views)

★★ Novice

Ohhh right, I think I get it now. Just now ive just read something about Legacy, and certain races are available to that, so if im capable of using them F2P then I will, either way soon very tempted to sub anyway lol. especially now since you get them anyway through it. Thanks for the help Belgorad ^^

Message 5 of 6 (843 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@dacrossdude2

Your welcome.  May the force be with you.

– Yoda

Message 6 of 6 (840 Views)