Re: Potential New User Questions

by Ahrngrim

Original Post

Potential New User Questions

★★★ Newbie

Hi all,

I've been contemplating playing this game for many, many years. I've just replayed KOTOR 1 & 2 for the twelve millionth time each and, after playing the Restored Content Mod's on the latter, finally feel like I can move on from it.

I've been very apprehensive about this as I can generally only play for 2-3 hours a day now, as opposed to 14-18 hours a day I could way back in 2004/2005! Can anyone help me with answers to the following questions please?

• Is this something I can play solo?
  • Will the fact I can't put hundreds of hours into the game in a month hinder my experience?
  • Can I use an Xbox One controller for the game?
  • Can I save progress and reload save games?
  • Is the game pretty straightforward?

I just want reassurance that I won't be missing anything by not being able to be on here all day everyday! Also I've never played an MMORPG before and I get really addicted to games so it's hard finding a balance!

Thank you in advance

Message 1 of 2 (434 Views)

Re: Potential New User Questions

Hero

@dave_a_88 

You can play most parts of the Game Solo, there are a few things that can only be done in Groups, but that's nothing you need to enjoy the Game.

No and Yes, it will take the same Hours in Game, regardless how long you play.

There are a few Guides how to use an controller but Generally the Game is Designed for Keyboard an mouse.

No like most online Games the Point where you leave is saved on the Server Side.
But you won't need to reload an old Game like with Kotor.

Most parts of the Game are, the Rest you can normally ignore or find your way in.

One thing this is an MMO so there are other Player around and about there is an General Chat, with people some very nice and helpful (most I would say), some annoying, some rude, so a certain ignorance can be helpful

I don't work for EA/ BW, I'm only another player.

My Swtor referall Link
Message 2 of 2 (401 Views)