New Content

by Waffen_NZ

Original Post

New Content

★★★ Newbie

I am one of many people that really want to play this game (swtor) but it seems that Bioware/Disney have given up on us. The game used to be fun to play with diverse hard content...then it was made far to easy to play...Remove the need for groups and you kill a MMORPG. Xp is far to easy to collect...removing the need to armor up your companions, creating the whole KoTfE/KoTeT...the list goes on. Every once in awhile i sign back on hoping...just hoping. Really sad...some really bad business mistakes made guys. So much potential and now the game is just far to easy. What are you all thinking?? So very sad when you alienate your customer base.

And finally with December's update you go back to Sith Vs Republic....far to little far far too late.

Swtor the (dead) game for kids now.....

Message 1 of 4 (638 Views)

Re: New Content

Hero

@Waffen_NZ

I doubt they will fully remove the need for groups. There is no way to solo mater mode flashpoints for example, even with a companion.  There is no possible way to do an Ops by yourself and I don't see them ever changing that to allow a solo operations.

The most you can solo are heroics which is fine as they are just harder content that unless you are not careful you can still be killed.  As for things like armoring up companions, I personally like how they are myself.  I prefer to be able to choose who I want to take and the role I want them in vs being forced to take specific companions for a specific role.

I remember when they were role locked I almost always picked a healer or tank companion to make things easier.  Sure I could pick DPS but found myself constantly stopping to heal after every fight practically.

I could see maybe a middle ground where you can pick your companions role but would need to gear accordingly.  I personally would not want to lose the role selection as an option as I prefer to be able to take who I want for the role I want.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 4 (595 Views)

★★★ Guide

Well, the problem here is that Bioware is a story heavy game developer, the only reason they went with an MMO instead of a RPG like they really should have is because EA saw $$$$ in their eyes and just could think with their brains....just their.......wallets.

I am one of the solo'ers and i love the fact that alot of the content is solo-friendly because i listen to EVERYTHING....except alien speech and droid beeps and that pisses everyone off, since all they care about is themselves and their desperate need to complete a group content in 5mins instead of 6mins.....and have a childish hissy fit if they don't get their way.

If anything, alot of the hardcore groupers are more childish than i am and that is saying something.

I like group content, endgame raiding and so on, its fun, but the way that they are doing endgame gearing.......Command Ranks is just......stupid........they are desperate to keep people subscribing.

This is why they should have made 8 video games instead of an MMORPG that people are just complaining that they have to group to do EVERYTHING or they DON'T have to group to do most of the content....either way nothing can satisfy EVERYONE.

I think they would have done better by doing 8 games one for each class in swtor right now.

That is my opinion, i HATE story driven content being put through group content and not being able to see it or experience it because the others have already seen it and i am quoting them here 'i don't give a **** that you haven't seen it yet, skip it now or i will vote kick you!' and they all agreed and that is when i stopped playing until when they made all story heavy group content have a solo mode.

Grouping is over-rated since you have to play by the leaders style, no freedom, nothing....that is why in my opinion ALL MMOs should leave their group content for END GAME and have zero story in that area and infact they should put all story into solo versions with no endgame loot drops....that would be sooooo cool.

Message 3 of 4 (518 Views)

Hero

Unfortunately that's an issue with many MMOs.  Almost all of WoWs story is tied to end game raiding.  Their last expansion was a perfect example. If you wanted to see additional story or cinematics you either watched a YouTube video or got into a raid.

With Swtor the cool thing is that all the story for OPS is stand alone and isn't related to the main story.  It's all side story that can be skipped.  The only exception is the Oricon story which is tired to two OPS, so those I could see having a separate FP with a solo mode just like the Revan battle.

Other then that you don't need to do any OPS for the main story content.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 4 of 4 (502 Views)