More Variations of Basic Decorations

by SerenityofLight

Original Post

More Variations of Basic Decorations

★★★ Guide

In the case of decorations, I think releasing similar base art decorations with slight variation would be really appreciated. For instance, the Merchant's Work Table and the Sanitarium Disciple’s Desk. Same base table but differ details which will let the two desk fit better into different settings. Also, recolors would work well here.

Here's the types of decorations I think this will work well with:

• storage
  • tables
  • plants
  • display screens
  • artwork
  • personnel
Message 1 of 7 (1,062 Views)

Re: More Variations of Basic Decorations

★ Guide

This would DEFINITELY work with carpets anyways ^^

Message 2 of 7 (892 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yes, rugs would be another kind this would work well with. I forgot about those.

Message 3 of 7 (885 Views)

EA SWTOR Team

Good point on the rugs, @awindai10 and @SerenityofLight ! I would love to see more of them, or items that work that way so other decorations can be placed on top. 

Message 4 of 7 (878 Views)

★ Guide
Maybe it would look cool to have Items you can place on top of desks ?? Like my Czerka Desk, it's all empty, looks lazy from me x)
Message 5 of 7 (848 Views)

★★★ Guide

It would be nice. Perhaps it would work if they made certain decorations that had unlockable surface decorations. That would allow a person to purchase specific decorations for certain spots on the main decoration with the ability to change which was currently displayed. There could be some variation even between instances of that decoration.

For example, it could be a table that has several predetermined spots for decorations on it. A person could leave all of the table decorations locked and have a perfectly nice table, or they can unlock the options for each spot individually. Once unlocked, the person can alternate between which decoration is displaying or having no decoration displaying in that spot.

An example of the kinds of unlocks that a single spot could have are: a place setting for eating, a lamp, a vase with plants in it, a holocron or a blaster. People could customize the table to fit their specific characters or rooms.

The only problem though is that what I am describing would probably be a gold or higher rarity item. However, they could try selling it in the cartel market directly. I think the decoration would sell if they price the base decoration similar to a supercrate and price each unlockable surface decoration at half the price of a single pack. However, it would be nice to have the option to unlock the decorations for all future instances of that decoration for the full price of a pack.

Message 6 of 7 (835 Views)

★ Guide
Look, I always have ideas but never know how to put them in place. But you!! You should be a dev, this is an excellent Idea!

Now, is any real dev going to read this..?
Message 7 of 7 (831 Views)