Loosen the chat restrictions on F2P

by flubbinator

Original Post

Loosen the chat restrictions on F2P

★★★★ Novice

Hi,

I'm a sub, but a couple of days agio I nmade a 2nd F2P account, mainly so I could go see how things compared to when I started playing years ago.

Anyhow, one of the most disturbing things I noticed was F2P now seem to be completely locked out of ALL chat channels. Including 'Say' and group chat. My characetr is now level 22 and still cannot chat!

This is a crazy state of affairs! I see many new players on the starter worlds and Coruscaunt, yet Gen chat is almost completely dead!

When I started playing chat was retsricted to maybe Lv5-Lv10 (can't remember exactly). That was a reasonable enough compromise I think.

The current restrictions are way too harsh. it's incredibly unwelcoming to new people. Locked out of even guild chat? It's insane.

How does applying such harsh restrictions help in gaining new players ?

My suggestion is that the devs should all have to make a pure F2P account, and experience this for themselves.

Current situation is utterly crazy.

Frown

Message 1 of 3 (438 Views)

Re: Loosen the chat restrictions on F2P

[ Edited ]
Hero

@flubbinator

Unfortunately I do not see this being changed.  They recently increased the level cap to use chat to level 25.  Once you hit that level it will be lifted to use chat.  This was done for several reasons including dealing with spammers.  While I understand why you want less restrictions it was set to a higher level to dealing with spamming.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 3 (417 Views)

Re: Loosen the chat restrictions on F2P

@flubbinator

$2.50 cartel coin purchase will make that account preferred this will loosen the restrictions a tad

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 3 of 3 (409 Views)