Re: KotFE & KOTET companions not leaving the chapter

by D4RKH4R

Original Post

Accepted Solution

KotFE & KOTET companions not leaving the chapter

★★ Novice

After the most recent patch, I've discovered the KotFE and KotET companions can't be summoned outside their missions (I'm refering to Darth Marr, Empress Acina, and generally speaking, all of those who died at some point). I kinda enjoyed playing with the Empress of the Sith with my Jedi Knight, but seems it can't be done anymore. Is it a bug or is it working as intended? Kinda sad those "non canon" companions had been lost for players to use.

Message 1 of 3 (1,290 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA SWTOR Team

@D4RKH4R 

Since Acina and Marr never actually join you as a companion, this might be intended as they're only guests during the story. I know we could use them outside their respective Chapter before, but only while the Chapter was still active in the mission log. Once it was finished, it has always been impossible to get them back.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,278 Views)

All Replies

EA SWTOR Team

@D4RKH4R 

Since Acina and Marr never actually join you as a companion, this might be intended as they're only guests during the story. I know we could use them outside their respective Chapter before, but only while the Chapter was still active in the mission log. Once it was finished, it has always been impossible to get them back.

Message 2 of 3 (1,279 Views)

★★ Novice

It was possible before when you grant the chapter back to replay it in a different difficulty level. That way, you could give yourself the desired chapter, leave it unfinished and use the story companions outside the chapter. I don't know if this was the intended behaviour, but worked. In fact, while on the chapter you can even send the guest companions to crafting, altough now if you leave the instance, they dissapear from the active companion list, and any mission you've sent them is cancelled (Also the crafting materials they were using dissapear).

So guess it will work like that from now on, but gonna miss hanging around with Darth Marr.

Message 3 of 3 (1,272 Views)