Re: Item is Bound for No Reason

by Belgorad

Original Post

Item is Bound for No Reason

★ Novice

An item I received from a cartel pack is bound for no reason.

As a smuggler, I opened a pack a received, among other things, a lightsaber. I waited the appropriate period for things to unbind, per the cartel market standards, and everything else unbound except this item,  which is now bound permanently. There is no way i could have used it or bound it to myself in some other way, as I literally cannot use the item.

Any ideas? It's worth 5mil on the GTN, so this is rather frustrating.

Message 1 of 5 (634 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@PersephoneGlass

Can you attach a screen shot of the tool tip when you hover your mouse over the item?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 5 (627 Views)

★ Novice

Sure thing.

Message 3 of 5 (619 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero

@PersephoneGlass

That is definitely unusual.  I would email support@swtor.com regarding this issue.  Include your character name, server, the specific name of the item and that you are requesting it to be unbound due it auto binding and since your class can't even equip it not sure how it bound to begin with.  Be as detailed as possible as to what happened.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 4 of 5 (605 Views)

EA SWTOR Team

@PersephoneGlass it might be that you still had some unclaimed items from the Dark vs. Light event and that is why this item was instantly bound to you. 

But as @Belgorad said, write a mail or an in-game ticket, if you are able, to our CS and they can for sure tell you what happened there Standard smile

~Kat

Message 5 of 5 (587 Views)