Re: Italian localization

by marcot43

Original Post

Hero

By Numbers of Speakers yes,

but Finical wise France and German are a very big Group

and both are so used to fully translated Versions that they tend to ignore any non native Language supported Products.

I don't work for EA/ BW, I'm only another player.

My Swtor referall Link
Message 11 of 17 (1,196 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@awindai10 wrote:

So I guess there are only french, german and english versions ? But why not English, Mandarin and spanish, since these are the 3 most spoken languages, by number of speakers ?

They will also be the most spoken languages, but I am Italian, and I am not English, French, German, Spanish or Chinese.

Message 12 of 17 (1,193 Views)

EA SWTOR Team

I can understand that it would be nice to have the game in nearly all languages, but sadly this will not happen. 

There are no plans for any more translated languages in the game, either with subtitles or voice over (which is really expensive these days).

I would believe that there are fan-translated subtitles out there in the web though. 

~Kat

Message 13 of 17 (1,167 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Kat wrote:

I can understand that it would be nice to have the game in nearly all languages, but sadly this will not happen. 

There are no plans for any more translated languages in the game, either with subtitles or voice over (which is really expensive these days).

I would believe that there are fan-translated subtitles out there in the web though. 

~Kat

EULA of The old repubblic does not allow you to use mod.

You should know that.

If I game, as The old republic, didn't traslate in italian, I don't play and/or buy it. (neither 40 euro nor 1 euro)

PS: Mass Effect Andromeda didn't dub in Italian, and so I don't buy it (neither now nor in the future).

I'm sorry because I'm a super fan of the Mass Effect saga.
Message 14 of 17 (1,162 Views)

EA SWTOR Team

Then I am very sorry to not see you in the game. 

Sadly, there is nothing we can change about this and probably won't in the future. 

~Kat

Message 15 of 17 (1,149 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Kat wrote:

Sadly, there is nothing we can change about this and probably won't in the future. 

~Kat

When there will be no more games translated into Italian, then I will stop playing videogames.

Message 16 of 17 (1,145 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Kat wrote:

~Kat

Many italian, fan of kotor's saga, don't play to The old republic, for my same reason.

Me too, I will not change my mind.
If a game, like ME or the old republic, not dubbed in Italian , I do not spend even a penny.

@awindai10 wrote:

So I guess there are only french, german and english versions ? But why not English, Mandarin and spanish, since these are the 3 most spoken languages, by number of speakers ?

If Anthem will not be dubbed in Italian I will not even buy that.

[Edited to join the posts - please, don't double post nor revive old threads unless it's to add new information. Thanks!]

Message 17 of 17 (1,107 Views)