Re: Ideas on What Kind of Decoration to Release

by Belgorad

Original Post

Ideas on What Kind of Decoration to Release

★★★ Guide

I noticed that decoration releases seem a little haphazard at times. Because of that, I often find myself not wanting the decorations from some packs or not being excited about them. I think it would help to standardize decoration releases so that everyone knows ahead of time what is being aimed for with the packs.

How about:

• 1 matching furniture set with a theme, possibly connected to a recent release. (for instance umbaran dining table with a matching chair, a Copero Kitchen Set, or Zakuulan bed with matching nightstand and wardrobe) Something like you would find in a home, office, or business.
  • 1 or 2 lighting decorations
  • 1 or 2 wall decorations (display screens, tablets, pictures, and so on)
  • 1 or 2 flooring options
  • 1 or 2 environmental decorations be it an outdoor item or plant. If it is a plant, please include a potted and non-potted version.
  • 1 personnel decoration
  • 1 or 2 odds and ends decorations: towers, buildings, signs, structural pieces like pillars and fences
  • 1 or 2 misc decoration: Whatever you want to fit in that does not fit into one of the above categories

Decoration offerings should also include at least one or two interactive decorations or at least animated decos. Going back to my ideas from Idea for Differentiating Cartel Pack Decos and In Game Drop Decos. Silver, gold, and platinum should be determined by the level of activity or interactivity in the deco.

Also, I still support going back through and stripping old assets for new decos. Players love recreating things they see in game so it isn't necessary to create completely new art each time. The past pattern of releasing interesting art from the older assets should still work well.

To that end, I still maintain a running list of things in pre-existing art that would make great decos. Much of it has been turned into decos already, which I appreciate, but much of it is still waiting it's turn.

Message 1 of 2 (348 Views)

Re: Ideas on What Kind of Decoration to Release

Hero

@SerenityofLight

These are some very interesting ideas.  I would also post it here as well since it's about the Cartel Market.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 2 (227 Views)