Re: I switched server, where is my unlocks

by Hellidan

Original Post

I switched server, where is my unlocks

★★ Novice

So I recently went from the server Darth Malgus to Star Forge, and I found that I no longer had Legendary status, I didn't have my Legacy, Nor did I have the species I unlocked (Before becoming a Sub).. Yet what I did have was all of my Character Costumization items, such as gear, weapons and crystals from the Cartel market. How come my Account gets split up like that, when I use the same login credidentials as I did when logging onto Malgus?

Why does my Account get mostly reset, just from switching servers? And how can I get my Stuff back?

Message 1 of 9 (1,223 Views)

Hero

@Hellidan

A lot of this things legacy, Species are Server wide not Account wide unlocks.

I don't work for EA/ BW, I'm only another player.

My Swtor referall Link
Message 2 of 9 (1,211 Views)

★★ Novice

Which is a shame, Especially when you spent IRL money on some of the stuff and Expect it to be as it states.. Accountwide unlock.

Message 3 of 9 (1,201 Views)

Hero

@Hellidan

The following article here has a list of what does and does not copy over.  Legacy things in the legacy menu are server specific unfortunately.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 4 of 9 (1,190 Views)

EA SWTOR Team

@Hellidan

Note that you need to activate your legacy on your new server by giving it a name before what transferred with you becomes active. If you haven't done that, you're going to find a lot of them missing. 

Message 5 of 9 (1,179 Views)

★★ Novice

I did, sadly though My Legacy level and all the unlocks which I've fought to get, such as HK-51 Legacy unlock and other of the like.. does not transfer. Or well, atleast not in my case.

Message 6 of 9 (1,172 Views)

★★★ Guide

In my opinion, a legecy should go with you when you transfer a character from that legacy to another server, EVERYTHING you unlock should go with you......i mean i transferred too a while back and i lost my 150% stronghold bonus.......i mean seriously that cost be over 10mil credits to get........that SHOULD transfer with me.....poor design.

Message 7 of 9 (1,124 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@JamieK81 Having every single thing transfer over would kinda defeat the purpose of the Legacy system that's tied to one server. You're supposed to be able to build each different Legacy your own way.

Message 8 of 9 (1,069 Views)

★★★ Guide

@EA_Kipling wrote:

@JamieK81Having every single thing transfer over would kinda defeat the purpose of the Legacy system that's tied to one server. You're supposed to be able to build each different Legacy your own way.

If they actually utilized the legacy system alot more than they did, i would agree, but they haven't, so its rather redundant, just like the legacy perk for more CXP....10% for a price of over 2,000,000cr is WAY too high, with that price, it should be 50% minimum.

Also, if you have access to the developers tell them to combine the legacy perks that grant xp bonuses to give cxp as well so it gives 30% xp AND 30% cxp when you are max level and then have that cost 2,000,000cr....then it would be worth it.

Message 9 of 9 (1,064 Views)