Re: Guild Lead Given Away

by jezahrage

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Guild Lead Given Away

★★ Novice

Recently I logged into SWTOR after the patch excited to get our guild going on a flagship we had been working towards only to find out that, MY FREAKING GUILD LEADER POSITION had been given to another player who has not logged in for 6 months! I have been waiting patiently these 5-6 days and have still not heard back from CSR. I'm trying to figure out why this happened and what are they going to do about it? I am an active player and I log in DAILY. It's a guild I started so I do not understand as to why SWTOR would just up and give my position away to another player? I need this resolved because we cannot move forward without me getting my position back. I've tried to reach the other player via our discord only to see that he's 1. not apart of our player community any more and 2. I'm not able to add him as a friend.

Is there anyone who could give me some much needed guidance on what to do?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (789 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

@jezahrage

If he has not logged into that chsrchara in 6 months guild leadership would have transferred to someone else already as it does afwra about 4 weeks.

You can try either submitting an in-game ticket for investigation or email support@swtor.com if you suspect an actual bug.  Those would be the only other avenues for investigation if there is an issue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (735 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@jezahrage

Guild leadership is only transferred if you have not logged into the specific character who is the guild leader for 30 days or more.  As per this link here:

Inactive guild leaders

If your Guild Leader has not logged in to Star Wars: The Old Republic on their Guild Leader character for an extended period of time (4 weeks or more), the system will automatically remove them as Guild Leader and pass their leadership on to the highest ranking member who is a subscriber and has logged in within four weeks. If there were no active subscribers in the guild over the last four weeks, the highest ranking Preferred or Free-to-Play member who logged in within four weeks is promoted.

The only way to get the guild back is if either the current guild leader transfers leadership back to you, or if they do not login within 4 weeks leadership will be transferred automatically to someone else in the guild and if it's someone who logs in, they can transfer leadership back to you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

– Yoda

Message 2 of 4 (758 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Thank you for the help. Unfortunately I am an active leader so was trying to see if it was a glitch that happened or if anyone else is having this issue. It's been a stressful situation to say the least. I have tried reaching out to our guild member but he's not been in-game for 6 months. I tried reaching out to him on our discord but he's no longer in our guild chat and when I tried to friend him, I got an error message so I'm not sure that i'll be able to get it back that way. I vetting that I''ll probably just have to wait it out cause the customer service here is lacking in game and do not reply in a timely manner as they should.

Message 3 of 4 (741 Views)

Hero

@jezahrage

If he has not logged into that chsrchara in 6 months guild leadership would have transferred to someone else already as it does afwra about 4 weeks.

You can try either submitting an in-game ticket for investigation or email support@swtor.com if you suspect an actual bug.  Those would be the only other avenues for investigation if there is an issue.

– Yoda

Message 4 of 4 (736 Views)