Re: Few ideas to make the game more accessible

by awindai10

Original Post

Few ideas to make the game more accessible

★ Guide

Hi everyone,

I've finally deciced to write a subject to make my FAVORITE video game a bit more accessible for new players, or casual players like me.

I play in a french server, AKA Mantle Of The Force, where I recently joined a guild. The leader is a very nice person, wich is why I decided to trust him for something important : as I can only play during holidays and the day I'm writing this is actually my first day of school, I gave my leader ALL of my items coming from the cartel market, by the mail system of the game. And there is a LOT, even tho I can't play often. In exchange, I asked him to sell those and to buy a Dark Eternal Throne, and to send it to me, because I wouldn't be able to buy the pack containing this item anymore, since they disappear over time.

So this gave me three ideas :

First, if there was an app that could allow players to use theur server's chat using one of their character's name, I could simply check right now if my leader accepted by connecting and waiting for him to connect, then asking his answer. I would open the app, choose on a menu wich server I want to be connected to, wich planet, and there would be two options : general chat or guild chat ^^ Ta-da ^^ 

Second idea is to make a system that would allow players to buy any pack that ever went out ! In the cartel menu in the hotbar on top of the screen, there would be an option caleed "packs" where we could find and buy any pack that we want, even if it went out two years ago ^^ The dev's interest in this is that it will raise the x5 and x26 pack sales because THOSE would disappear over time... Wink That way I could have bought my throne's pack at christmas ^^

Finally my main problem is that if I could buy my throne on the galactic market I would have done that. But only, as I am not a subscriber, I can't because I can only have 350K credits ! I'm not asking to completely remove that limit. Something cool would be to keep it, and allow players to unlock the unlimited credit amount for 480 cartel coins on the cartel market. If you try to think about the price, 480 is 60x8, the total amount of credits that you win for completing ALL of the character stories. The Lord of The Rings Online uses the same kind of thing Wink

well, that was it, I hope that everyone reading this will support my idea Wink

Bye!

Message 1 of 11 (1,343 Views)

★ Guide

So... No answers about this ? I might delete it then. I'll way one or 2 days

Message 2 of 11 (1,295 Views)

@awindai10

I can comment about the third one , this sounds like escrow - Link

Have a good read up on escrow - example link so you know exactly how it works

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 3 of 11 (1,291 Views)

★★★ Guide

Star Trek Online's chat can actually work with external chat programs allowing a person to chat to people in game even though they are not in game, so I know such a thing is possible. The only issue, I think, is that SWTOR's chat system may need to be redesigned to implement that..

As for being able to buy any pack, give it a little time. It looks like the Cartel Market was redesigned to expand how many items are sold in it. By Christmas you may have the ability to buy previous packs.

Message 4 of 11 (1,282 Views)

★ Guide

I hope so, @SerenityofLight, I hope so x)

But @proxos666, about escrow... what type of item is it ? I mean, in wich category do you find it on the galactic market ?

Message 5 of 11 (1,263 Views)

★★★ Guide

I believe escrow transfers are in the unlock category of the GTN. Not sure what that translates into in French, but it should be the same section that allows you to buy unlocks for the quickbars, artifact authorization and cargo bays.

Message 6 of 11 (1,258 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
Thank you @SerenityofLight

Also, you said that the in-game tchat would have to be modified to have an off-game one, what did you meant exactly ? Standard smile
Message 7 of 11 (1,249 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm afraid I don't know how that works but I suspect that the game may use IRC. To my knowledge, that only requires an IRC client to access. I knew a player that used a program called Pidgin to chat when he was out of the game. Beyond that I have no idea how it works.

Message 8 of 11 (1,243 Views)

★ Guide
Does anyone else uses this program ??
Message 9 of 11 (1,231 Views)

@awindai10

Most guilds use teamspeak for example , to enable voice chat in-game teamspeak will need to run as administrator

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 10 of 11 (1,227 Views)