DLC Storage issue

by tekkex

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DLC Storage issue

★★★★★ Newbie

I have unlocked the dlc for the game and it has been enjoyable so far. However i have another location i would like to download and play swtor from. I have enough storage there for the base game without the dlc. I need a way to download the game without the dlc so i can play the base game but when i log in to download it the game seems to auto include the dlc in my download. For reference the platform that i used mainly before has the full game with the revan and hutt cartel dlc and its storage use is 39GB,My new location has 37.5 GB space available. I believe without the dlc the game is less than this is it possible for me to get the base game and play it without the dlc?

Message 1 of 4 (692 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: DLC Storage issue

Hero

@tekkex

Correct.  There is really no DLC with swtor.  All subscribing does is unlock content that a free player doesn't have access to and you get to keep access to the unlocked content if your subscription expires.  The only thing you don't get is new content unless you re-subscribe.

The size of the game download, the files, etc are all the same regardless of whether you have all the content or the free content.  This is done to keep the downloads consistent and to ensure everyone is on the same version.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (662 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@tekkex

There is no way to remove the DLC from the base game.  The only thing the DLC gives you is access to the additional content but the size of the game files are the same for all players and there is no way to separate it.  This is to ensure the game functions correctly during game play.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

– Yoda

Message 2 of 4 (678 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
So the game will be the same size even if I didnt own the DLC?
Thank you in advance.
Message 3 of 4 (676 Views)

Hero

@tekkex

Correct.  There is really no DLC with swtor.  All subscribing does is unlock content that a free player doesn't have access to and you get to keep access to the unlocked content if your subscription expires.  The only thing you don't get is new content unless you re-subscribe.

The size of the game download, the files, etc are all the same regardless of whether you have all the content or the free content.  This is done to keep the downloads consistent and to ensure everyone is on the same version.

– Yoda

Message 4 of 4 (663 Views)