Could I have a permission to write about SWTOR?

by reimimiliers

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Could I have a permission to write about SWTOR?

★ Novice
My name is Rostislav Tokarev, and I`m a fanfiction writer. Although most of them are originals or just use the same universes of films or games, they are not under the law of copyright. But there is a problem for me. I want to use plots of Star Wars: The Old Republic to write about adventures of eight people, one for each class (including the expansions).

I need to have your permission to use places, names, plots and so on of this game to write about this non-canon story of those, who make their own destiny in a conflict between Galactic Republic and Sith Empire.

I humbly request you to give me a free right to use elements of Star Wars: The Old Republic. However, I will understand if you won`t give me a permission.

Best regards,
Your loyal fan
Message 1 of 4 (542 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Could I have a permission to write about SWTOR?

[ Edited ]
Hero

@reimimiliers

The game is created and produced by Bioware Austin.  EA is just the publisher.  Also the EA Forum admins would not be able to provide any kind of approval.  More then likely you'll need to contact Bioware.

I found a contact for Bioware at the bottom of the page here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (524 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@reimimiliers

The game is created and produced by Bioware Austin.  EA is just the publisher.  Also the EA Forum admins would not be able to provide any kind of approval.  More then likely you'll need to contact Bioware.

I found a contact for Bioware at the bottom of the page here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 4 (525 Views)

★ Novice
Yeah, thanks for the answer, I already wrote a letter to this email. They write me back by an auto reply, but I`ll wait. Thanks again though.
Message 3 of 4 (518 Views)

Hero

@reimimiliers

If you have an active subscibtion you can try writing an PN to Eric Musco on swtor.com

I don't work for EA/ BW, I'm only another player.

My Swtor referall Link
Message 4 of 4 (501 Views)