Can SWTOR come on console

by Zeluse14

Original Post

Re: Can SWTOR come on ps4

EA SWTOR Team

@cconnor3 there are currently no plans to bring SWTOR to any console. 

If any of you got a couple of millions lying around, I guess we can talk again about this :D

~Kat

Message 21 of 61 (87,447 Views)

★★ Novice
You all would make all the money back easily. Every item you have created for the game you sell in your market place would be all new to console players so it will all sell quickly. I played Star Trek Online on PC and when they came to console I moved to PS4 and just bought it all again. There is a lot of money to be made from console players. I know this game would take off on PS4 just like Star Trek Online which I play on PS4 only now.
Message 22 of 61 (4,301 Views)

★ Guide
EA has the funds for sure, but is it technically possible to have 53 buttons on console ?
Message 23 of 61 (4,263 Views)

★★ Novice
If they can do it for Star Trek Online and on PC they use just as many as SWTOR then yes. In less you are saying Cryptic Studies is some how smarter then EA?
Message 24 of 61 (4,254 Views)

★ Guide

I don't know, I can't know. Maybe the problem is just that EA simply doesn't wants to invest into SWTOR anymore.

My only care about this is that if SWTOR came on PS4 it would allow the game to survive a bit more, since it's my favorite game.

Message 25 of 61 (4,243 Views)

★★ Novice

It is, indeed, a good game.
But with most of the servers being dead or defunct, there's little to no reason to put anything more into this game.

As a day 1 closed beta tester, I feel the pain that a fantastic game is ending.  But they don't have the population to keep it afloat.  Harbinger is the only real place that they have an active community.  Everywhere else is dead or dying.

Message 26 of 61 (4,182 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Actually, the PS4 has support for usb keyboard and mouse, so translating the controls isn't the issue.  They would just have to modify the processing infrastructure, to conform to the console.

Message 27 of 61 (4,107 Views)

@DarcOssiss wrote:

It is, indeed, a good game.
But with most of the servers being dead or defunct, there's little to no reason to put anything more into this game.

As a day 1 closed beta tester, I feel the pain that a fantastic game is ending.  But they don't have the population to keep it afloat.  Harbinger is the only real place that they have an active community.  Everywhere else is dead or dying.

@DarcOssiss

I gather You haven't played for a bit ? See this link for changes 

Harbinger is no longer a server name per that link, mind people are now complaining servers are full , example link

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 28 of 61 (4,092 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Ok, but they literally went from 17 servers (and previous to that many more) down to five.  For an entire MMO.
One French, one German, and one EU English.  2 North America servers.

I reiterate my point.  Because it still holds true even now.

Dead or dying servers.  Claiming that the servers are now too full is asinine.  Of course they would be!  They took 3 servers and merged them.  They took 5 and merged them.  But of course they did.  It was a ghost town on some of those servers.  I went through entire planets and capital ships and found not a single living person. It's why I started moving all my characters to Harbinger.

And when a game starts having less and less servers, that means it's dying.  And refusing to believe that is stupid.

Putting it onto PS4 and Xbox One (which will, also, soon have keyboard support) would succesfully reinvigorate the populations.

Oh, but then it would cost them money.  Which is the whole reason we now have 5 servers.  Budget constraints.

Message 29 of 61 (4,083 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Don t give Star Wars the old republic to e.a terrible idea, totally screwed battlefront to a point where I will never play it. Better to use a developer that can do a fantastic job without resorting to greed. I was considering to purchase the old republic but now that I know e.a wants a crack at it. I choose to wait and see if they * up what looks like a amazing game.

Message 30 of 61 (3,885 Views)