Re: DO YOU THINK SWTOR WILL EVER RELEASE ON CONSOLE AND IF NOT, WHY?

by EgoMania

Original Post

Re: Can SWTOR come on ps4

★★★ Newbie

If they can turn that into a game for ps4 then they should be able to do SWTOR i really want to play it on my ps4 i think it should be made for 2020 or 2021 

Message 41 of 61 (2,267 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me to iv always wanted to play SWTOR but don't have a computer to play it so, I'm sure I can't be the only one 

Message 42 of 61 (2,213 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Andy please bring SWTOR TO CONSOLE it dont matter how low it is im sure there alot of ppl would love to play on consoles as with other mmorpg games too i been waiting to be on console myself for a long time
Message 43 of 61 (1,923 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If Disney says do it yall have no choice simpleStandard smile

Message 44 of 61 (1,880 Views)

★ Novice

I know this cost money and time but it is not inposible to do maybe use skills and skill tree system like in the force unleashd and use te choosing system from the old republic and stuf their are other games who made mmo from pc to console that work and are popular to bad i cant give ideas cause i got allot for a game Standard smile

Message 45 of 61 (1,720 Views)

DO YOU THINK SWTOR WILL EVER RELEASE ON CONSOLE AND IF NOT, WHY?

★★★ Newbie

I would really enjoy playing SWTOR on console like ESO. 

Message 46 of 61 (1,618 Views)

Hero

@RighteousHoodlum 

I don't think so.

Best let EA answer that itself:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information-Discussion/Can-SWTOR-come-on-ps4/m-p/5299111#M218

I don't work for EA/ BW, I'm only another player.

My Swtor referall Link
Message 47 of 61 (1,592 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@RighteousHoodlumI think the chances are close to zero for this. What BioWare/EA need to consider is the level of investment they are willing to make and what sort of return they can expect from that.

Recently EA was showing off with SWTOR about how it's almost made a billion dollars since launch and Eric Musco commented on the forums this week that they are already preparing for the 10 year anniversary next year and beyond.

I think if there is an opportunity at all it would be next year... if they feel it makes sense for them to go cross-plaform. But I wouldn't get my hopes up too much cause there is nothing to say they want to even do it at all. It may very well not be worth the trouble for them.

Message 48 of 61 (1,563 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I think Bioware and EA need to reconsider. You guys have made upwards of 1 billion dollars on SWTOR. I think you need to reconsider plans to release on consoles. There are plenty more ways to tap reserves to bolster your profits by releasing to consoles. This would be a wise business move with the new systems coming out end of 2020 not to mention Microsoft's project Xcloud which would make it possible to stream swtor to whatever you want. Your game would reach so many more players your profits you make will keep this game's development and longevity going for another 10 years. 

Message 49 of 61 (1,671 Views)

A petition to bring SWTOR to console

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Let's say I had a petition signed and had 2 million people to go through with it and they donated 2 dollars would you consider bringing SWTOR to the console as I have been playing since the drop of the rise of the hutt cartel. This would bring in about 4 million to the development of a console version, you know something to think about. If consider I would like to be contacted for further details and information.

Message 50 of 61 (1,542 Views)