Re: Armor Display Decorations

by awindai10

Original Post

Armor Display Decorations

★★★ Guide

I'm finally getting around to posting my thread here as well. It was originally on the main forum.

It would be nice if we had decorations like armor stands, holo displays like GSI on Nar Shaddaa has for its armor on but on a smaller scale, or even racks with various cartel armors on it would be nice.

One solution that would cut down on new art assets being made would be to take the Merchant Stall: Armordecoration and make versions that stock cartel armors instead.

An alternative is to convert the Armory Locker (Open) decoration so that it has the same exterior but inside are cartel market armors. It would be even better if it also had a click animation to open and close the front much the way this art works in the Morgukai Cult Mission on Nar Shaddaa where you have to blow up their assets.

However, I would like to see decorations that split the armors up by armor type: light, medium, and heavy. This would allow for having armor racks that are all true armor as opposed to mixing them with soft Jedi robes like consulars wear.

Message 1 of 8 (958 Views)

★ Guide

Wouldn't it look better to be able to choose wich armor is displayed ?

Message 2 of 8 (944 Views)

★★★ Guide

It would be nice, but, like with other ideas, that would take more time and resources to do which would mean it would take longer to make and be rarer to get.

For instance, what I propose could be made by reusing a limited amount of preexisting art and the new code may be limited to only what is needed for making new decorations.

Making a decoration that allows a person to pick what is displayed is going to need a wider selection of preexisting art and may also require new code to create the interactions to change clothes. That may mean new code for the interaction that causes the armor to change. Perhaps it will need a new interface for armor selection which also means new art. There will need to be code for handling the storage and retrieval of different armors, and possibly code for controlling how and what it displayed. 

The more interactive a decoration is, the more involved it is to make.

Message 3 of 8 (937 Views)

★ Guide

Now I think about it, it seems logic ^^ But what would be the price for these armor stands and how would you get them ?

Message 4 of 8 (929 Views)

★★★ Guide

That depends on which armors are available and how many variations of the decoration the devs are willing to make.

For instance there could be a Legendary Jedi armor version that can be bought from the cartel market for the price of 2 or 3 Galactic Legend's packs.

There could be an Organa Citizen version that has outfits worn by various House Organa citizens which could drop from heroics on Alderaan.

There could be Republic and Imperial Uniform version of the decoration which could feature various uniforms from each faction. They could drop from the flashpoints the Esseles and Boarding Party.

It could go on and on depending on the theme used to pick outfits. For instance, A decoration containing House Inrokini outfits could have been included in a pack to go along with the release of a Traitor Among the Chiss.

Message 5 of 8 (922 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

There's a simple fact in that last explanation that could make a lot of players rage REALLY HARD behind their screens, let me explain :

You can get an armor stand with a normal soldier uniform. You can buy personnal with a soldier unifrom. But you CAN'T GET A GODDANG UNIFORM FOR YOURSELF ? lmao I wonder why it's still not there xD

But indeed, this would look awesome Standard smile

But since I don't want to forget this idea, I insist, IF ANY DEVS READS THIS, please add normal soldier uniforms for the players. It would give us so many opportunities for RolePlay projects !

Actually I think I'll soon publish a post about something like that, idk, when I'll have time

Message 6 of 8 (912 Views)

★★★ Guide

While it would be nice to have the uniforms, I wouldn't worry about players raging too much. Players will always find a reason to rage whether it's a good reason or not.

Message 7 of 8 (897 Views)

★ Guide

You're actually right! xD

Message 8 of 8 (881 Views)