Re: A new, old player

by AderodtheEternal

Original Post

Accepted Solution

A new, old player

★★★ Novice

Last time I played 4 years ago and I am thinking about come back to TOR, and here is my question. What has changed over the past 4 years for "free to play" player.

Message 1 of 5 (937 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

@AderodtheEternal

1. Jedi Under Siege is the next chapter in the story.  There is no seperate DLC really anymore like their was with Rise of the Hutt Cartel or Shadow of Revan.  Now new content is added as it's released like a chapter kinda but it's just the next story.

2. As a subscriber you gain access to all existing story cintenc released up to that point.  If you csmcec you'll drop to preferred status.  You keep all the existing story you unlocked, you just won't get access to new story unless you re-subscribe again.  You also cannot earn command experience and earn the tier gear anymore but you keep what you have earned.  Credit Cap for prefered is 350k and the rest goes into escrow unless you deposit it into your legacy storage.  You keep all the items in inventory.

3. For other characters you haven't ubloxkun him on, you will need to go to the legaLe menu by oressipr Y, go to chsrachar perks and yoully see the option to unlock HK-51 but you'll need to pay 1,000,0000 credits.  Don't remember if there is a cartel coins pay option but that will unlock him without havjha to o go through the quest chain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (905 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@AderodtheEternal

The only thing that really changed that I know of is the removal of weekly passes and a small increase to the number of characters you can have per server.  As of right now there is no replacement for weekly passes so as a free player I believe the limit for things like Flashpoints per week is 5.

Also the number of servers has decreased due to a recent server merger at the end of last year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

– Yoda

Message 2 of 5 (928 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Ok, I have three more questions.

1. What is Jedi Under Siege? This is for dlc, or another chapter to the basic game, or something completely different?

2. Let assume that I will buy a subscription. What will I lose after end subscription? I remember that "free to play" players can have up to 200k credits. So if   subscriptions has ended, do I lose all credits over 200k? What about my things in inventory, etc ...

3. After passing the HK-51 mission with one of my characters, I will be able to call him with another character, or I have go through his mission every time I have new character?

Message 3 of 5 (912 Views)

Hero

@AderodtheEternal

1. Jedi Under Siege is the next chapter in the story.  There is no seperate DLC really anymore like their was with Rise of the Hutt Cartel or Shadow of Revan.  Now new content is added as it's released like a chapter kinda but it's just the next story.

2. As a subscriber you gain access to all existing story cintenc released up to that point.  If you csmcec you'll drop to preferred status.  You keep all the existing story you unlocked, you just won't get access to new story unless you re-subscribe again.  You also cannot earn command experience and earn the tier gear anymore but you keep what you have earned.  Credit Cap for prefered is 350k and the rest goes into escrow unless you deposit it into your legacy storage.  You keep all the items in inventory.

3. For other characters you haven't ubloxkun him on, you will need to go to the legaLe menu by oressipr Y, go to chsrachar perks and yoully see the option to unlock HK-51 but you'll need to pay 1,000,0000 credits.  Don't remember if there is a cartel coins pay option but that will unlock him without havjha to o go through the quest chain.

– Yoda

Message 4 of 5 (906 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thank you Belgorad for answering my questions. Thanks to you, I consider buy game subscription.

Message 5 of 5 (896 Views)