Re: A Question About Crafting Materials

by AdderTood

Original Post

Accepted Solution

A Question About Crafting Materials

★★★★ Novice

I have a question about crafting with crew skills. I successfully RE'ed a lightsaber but crafting the advanced schematic involves parts that are outside my crew skills (Artifice, Archaeology, Treasure Hunting). How the hell am I supposed to get sliced parts without resorting to trading? I'm a bit confused.

Message 1 of 4 (732 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

@AdderTood

You don't have to purchase the slicing materials from the GTN.  You can create another character that has slicing as it's crew skill and any mats you get from missions or nodes out on the planets you can mail or put in legacy storage.  The crew skills are designed to be used in conjunction with each other.  For example Archaeology goes with both Artifice and Synthweaving for example.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (937 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@AdderTood

You don't have to purchase the slicing materials from the GTN.  You can create another character that has slicing as it's crew skill and any mats you get from missions or nodes out on the planets you can mail or put in legacy storage.  The crew skills are designed to be used in conjunction with each other.  For example Archaeology goes with both Artifice and Synthweaving for example.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

– Yoda

Message 2 of 4 (938 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

So a material mule...

Funny enough, I was entertaining the thought of starting a new character to begin with just for story purposes. That's nice to know. Also, I knew about crew skill synergy. I was only concerned about how to acquire parts outside of untraining a skill.

Message 3 of 4 (704 Views)

Hero

@AdderTood

Outside of leveling slicing the GTN would be the only other place.  But you can sell either unused materials for credits or specific high prices or high demand items you create to make up for what credits you spend.

– Yoda

Message 4 of 4 (680 Views)