Re: Why have they have removed the basic ability to edit players in Franchise mo

by IrishOwl

Original Post

Re: Why have they have removed the basic ability to edit players in Franchise mo

★★ Guide

@Beauts90 

Oh I completely agree. I just summed a season, with 71 wins, and I scanned I didn't lose a game to Vegas. They were the bottom Wild Card, and they swept me in Round 1 of the playoffs. Again they only have an 81 goalie with a 77bm starter, and their D pairs are pretty weak. I've got 86+ Second Line and a 91/93/90 first line and both have +5 Chem.

Message 31 of 92 (980 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This game is useless to me without being able to edit my players in a Season ! Why would yinz ruin this ? NBA 2K Games have this same stupid problem roster restrictions why it's 2022 !

Also updates don't even patch to my current season offline pffth what a waste ! Guess I don't get to use the new shot bias option ! 

And there are so many uniforms missing from this game ?

Message 32 of 92 (719 Views)

★★ Guide

So there is a lot to unpack there.

1, Save Files are walled off from updates. They literally don't have access to ever player's file to go in an update that. No game does. Pointless reason to be upset.

2.Its a restriction the game developers chose to make to prevent people from "cheating." So, you are raging that you can't cheat - I mean I agree with you on this point, what does it matter, but yeah.

3. The jerseys aren't missing, they are kept out. See Copyright laws require EA to get the rights to everything. Since they don't or didn't have the rights, EA can't use them. Its the same reason US college players, even if drafted to a team, can't have their name or likeness included in the game, until they've played their first NHL game, because the League refuses to sign those rights over to EA.

I figure this is more fuel to your fire, but knowledge is paramount.

Message 33 of 92 (690 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@IrishOwl as for the cheating aspect; yes it is cheating, but the biggest reason we want it is to try to slightly fix the terrifically terrible game created by EA. For some reason, we want to help EA, and this is one way of doing so.

The NHL series is also the only sports game representing the four major North American sports that does not have the edit player feature unlocked in league mode. There is no need to be different given that the feature makes the mode significantly more enjoyable
Message 34 of 92 (683 Views)

★★★ Pro
@IrishOwl It’s not even cheating though.. it’s an offline game mode..it’s no different than putting difficulty to rookie.. and maxing out all sliders that benefit you.. and lowering all sliders that benefit the opposing AI.. like johum said we just want to fix the crappy players that the computer makes.. when it generates a player with perfect stats that match a playmaker or sniper but lists the player as a power forward or grinder we now can’t fix it.. it’s just a stupid move by EA
Message 35 of 92 (676 Views)

★★ Guide

I am in complete agreement. I want the ability back badly myself.

I'm just saying from the POV of the game Devs we are using an exploit in their system, so they plugged it up.

I don't find it cheating, but they do.

Message 36 of 92 (678 Views)

★★★ Pro
@IrishOwl That’s pretty dumb of them to think that when all the other major sports have it… doesn’t make sense..
There are so many worse exploits in the game.. and they took away the one that actually benefits and makes the game easier to play.. shame on them lol
Message 37 of 92 (676 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

1 NO reason absolutely no wall it's not like this on Madden needs fixed now I don't get to use the new shot bias option in my current season.All updates on Madden get patched into my current franchise season so I don't see the problem ? Plus on Madden you can edit your players all the time every mode etc ! 

3 CHEATING ? HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO With that ! I want my own personal stuff for my OFFLINE Season ! If that's cheating then I would only be cheating myself ! I can live with that ! ASHAME EPIC FAIL EA NO PLAYER EDITS IN MY CURRENT OFFLINE Season wow talk about 1980 we've regressed why ?

Not EVERYONE Is obsessed with ONLINE ! ACTUALLY I PLAY NO ONLINE I PLAY ALL OFFLINE ! 

3. And for the uniforms EA Should see if they can tie uniforms selection into NHLuniforms.com they have all the uniforms ! If it's a copyright issue then offer us a edit uniforms option so we can recreate the missing uniforms please !

Message 38 of 92 (662 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

NO Theres NO Cheating at all ! Explain to me how it's cheating when your playing offline in your own personal season ? Like I said if it's cheating your only cheating yourself.

And to take it one step further I edit players on all teams ! So even the CPU isn't getting cheated when I play against them ! 

As for it being cheating online something that alot of us playing a offline season not even worried about online.

If that would be a issue then have it that you can only use current EA NHL Rosters downloaded ! 

SIMPLE FIX If u ask me ?

Message 39 of 92 (662 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

EASY FIX EA Have it that you can only use current EA NHL Roster download ! 

And label our offline rosters as just that OFFLINE ROSTERS ! That can be edited all the time in every aspect of the game !

Message 40 of 92 (661 Views)