NHL 23 Franchise Wishlist!

by AEZ1

Original Post

Re: NHL 23 Franchise Wishlist!

★★★★ Novice

My only wish is for the game to be ported to PC, otherwise I'll be skipping this entry for the 4th straight time. Not buying a console for one game. 

Message 41 of 70 (2,226 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

For me, if you play franchise with anything on Auto. You get a half-assed play through.

at the same time if you play everything on manual, it takes to do a play through.

EA needs to take a long look in the mirror and actually make some changes.

1) we need more options to set the AI to scout/draft/sign free agents. 

2) overall presentation is trash. Pre-game / post game. Cup celebrations. Etc. We need more interaction, Fans, HHOF, Draft lottery, free agent frenzy, trade deadline. Banner raising, jersey retirement. It is all so dull.

Everything is skipable anyway so add the cut seems.

3) we get owner goals, why can't we set goals for players. With exp rewards. Our coaching system needs an overhaul, we need the option to train players or atleast positions. Contracts, signing bonus's ,  no move clauses etc.

4) they use "real motion tech" buck up and pay the bill. No reason they cannot use that tech for a few full games, analyze the data and actually update the AI. They say they update the AI every game, but it's pretty bland. 

5) trade block and acquisitions are garbage and so easily exploitable, waiver claims as an example.

5 licensing is clearly an issue with EA and not wanting to spend money. Do something about it.

would be nice to scout college atleast, and have all of a teams prospects. Would be nice to scout World Juniors or equivalent and have draft rankings change, or if your previously drafted player makes the team and wins mvp or such, have it affect the potential.

so many options. 

Message 42 of 70 (2,195 Views)

★★ Guide

It has probably been mentioned by someone somewhere already. But I think that when a franchise is started, you should have a meeting with the team and choose a direction. It's incredibly frustrating when the goals change or doesn't make any sense. If the plan is to rebuild and tank, it doesn't make sense to have a seasonal goal to beat a rival team (that might be a contender) in the first meeting.

It would also be cool with a GM Career-ish option, where you start and create a GM-profile and set your preferences, and then you get job offers and interviews to decide where you go, depending on your ambitions.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think the standard in FM is a 3-year contract from the beginning? And if not enough of the owners goals are successful, you get fired, likely before the draft of season 2. I've heard that most GM's start with 5-year deals and especially with a rebuild. These owners patience isn't the best...

I did a realistic rebuild, which in any owner's eyes would have been quite a good start. Instead I got fired and the promising future I had less than 2 seasons to prepare was lost because I failed unrealistic goals.

Message 43 of 70 (2,084 Views)

★★ Novice

Been playing franchise mode exclusively since NHL 06 and first time commenting lol I believe we should see more of a defined franchise mode. 

-More statistics (franchise leader in points placement. How many cups, Allstar games, league awards, teams played for (with team abbreviation), etc. (I think it would be cool to draft someone and see what awards they’ve won/where they rank in franchise totals) 

-Better scouting/coaching. Scouts need to have a higher grade and be available more often. Coaches should have realistic salaries (too high) and have a realistic path to the NHL (Jumbo Joe just retired and wants 4 million as an nhl head coach) I’d say they prefer an AHL role first before becoming a head coach at the NHL level. 

-Better interaction between players on ice. Have guys chirp/slash each other on the face off, Yelling in between benches, etc

-Give is the ability to change a players full look in season 

-Make a first round pick be valued higher

-Make contract negotiations realistic (Why is a DFD in his 2nd year requesting 8 million per?) 

Final thought here 

Overall franchise mode has been kind of bland for a number of years. I personally feel like if we’re building a “franchise” we need to be able to feel that. Watching our draft picks grow and break franchise/NHL records, seeing whether our trades and signings help or break the team, and going through those tough years to get that top 5 pick should mean something when you play franchise mode. I’m a big statistic guy and that’s kind of my thing in this mode haha

Hope this helps in some way. Feedback is definitely welcome! Franchise mode for life!

Message 44 of 70 (1,968 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
  1. No Cap in preseason, playoffs, and off-season.
  2. Ability to redesign Jerseys in the off-season
  3. .Suspensions
  4. Goalie injuries, but not from being hit, only when making saves, or playing the puck. Prevents abuse.
  5. The ref's calling penalties on mics. It's in the game, so it should be in the game.
  6. Varied officials. Have a pool of 30 different Refs. Each one values different penalties. Like ref a calls a lot of slashing but rarely hooking, while ref b calls holding, but rarely cross-checking. etc. Each Ref has a rating for each penalty.
  7. Refs have to see a penalty to call. Have a field of vision, if they see something, they have a chance to call, modified by their penalty values. 
  8. Varied linesman. Have a chance to miss an offside or icing, if their field of view is screened.
  9. Coaches challenge. For offside, and goalie interference. 
  10. Too-many men penalties. Have a toggle that it can be called in a game, small chance for it to happen, balance for 2-5 in a season.
  11. Winter Classic, randomly assigns a game on Jan 1 as Winter Classic. Played at a generic outdoor rink. That says the home team's name, plus the Winter Classic logo.
  12. Heritage Classic. Randomly assigns a random February game with a Canadian home team, and either another Canadian Team or a close rival. Played at a generic outdoor rink, with Heritage classic markings. Only 40% chance of occurring in a season

That's all for now

Message 45 of 70 (1,925 Views)

Re: NHL 23 Wishlist! Yes Already!

★★ Novice

😂😂😂 none of what you added was important good luck. You don't need to edit a teams logo 😂😂 wtf? 

Message 46 of 70 (1,776 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@AEZ1 What About Having ECHL in Franchise Mode Under each Affiliate Like The AHL Have?
Message 47 of 70 (1,249 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I would really like to control my own career instead of being forced into choosing an NHL team. Like start your coaching career in Europe, the junior leagues or anywhere else to work my way up to the NHL or a coach legend in the European Leagues (FIFA is a good and easy example there where you can choose which team you want to begin with to maybe progress to bigger clubs in the future)

Message 48 of 70 (1,165 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I stopped playing NHL for the past few years. I thought I would give NHL 22 a chance... it was added to game pass so why not? I liked the idea of the players abilities and community rosters, but there is a critical road block that prevents me from coming back to the series.

So if anyone from EA reads this, this is feedback from someone who wants to play the NHL series again but can't bring themselves to do it.

I downloaded NHL 22 at the end of the 2021-22 season. The season is history, now as a fan I'm excited about the offseason and looking towards next year. This excitement brings me to franchise mode, I want to make moves to shape my favourite team! I'm a habs fan, I want to draft Shane Wright and get started on a rebuild. The problem is I am forced to start the game from the very beginning of the 2021-22 season. It makes no sense because with the updated rosters the trade deadline has already happened, all the trades have taken place. So now I want to rebuild the habs but I can't because I have to play through an entire season... in which the simulator most likely won't have me finishing last place and picking 1st overall.

So it's a deal breaker, I just stop playing. I don't want to invest time into playing NHL because I'm playing a season that has already happened (stuck playing in the past instead of starting in the current reality). I don't want to make deals because the deals have already been made. Essentially, what it comes down to is EA is not making the 2022 NHL offseason playable. At no point can you start the 2022 offseason with accurate rosters and be free to build your team. When NHL 23 comes out sure I could choose to start at the draft, but then I am stuck in the past again. The offseason is arguably the most important part of franchise mode and it is impossible to accurately play the 2022 offseason in NHL 22. To me that's a huge missed opportunity.

The solution is easy:
With every roster update, add a new option for season start dates. This way I can manage the 2022 offseason how I want to manage it without having to first play through a weird 2021-22 season where all the rosters have already made their trades.

Hopefully that point makes sense.

Message 49 of 70 (1,075 Views)

Re: NHL 23 Wishlist! Yes Already!

★★★ Newbie

Ok loser don't like it don't play or buy it LOSER

Message 50 of 70 (1,051 Views)