Re: How to fix duplicate players in free agency

by blackhawks61895

Original Post

How to fix duplicate players in free agency

★★★ Apprentice

With the latest roster update (10/20/21) there are 2 Kasimir Kaskisuos and 2 Veini Vehvilainens in free agency. I think I've found a way to fix this. I went into player movement and selected both players and put them on a random ECHL team. As ECHL players don't show up in Franchise mode, you are left with 1 version of each player in free agency. Fixed.

Also, yes, ECHL players DO NOT appear in Franchise mode so transfer prospects out of there accordingly if you want them in your game.

Let me know if you've found any other duplicate players as Tommy Novak had a double last year.

Message 1 of 18 (2,833 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

This is also how I retire guys

Message 2 of 18 (2,818 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@kyl_35 That is a very good idea that I never thought of. Gonna save me a lot of time instead of lowering overalls.
Message 3 of 18 (2,808 Views)

Community Manager
@blackhawks61895 We've flagged this down to the team.

@kyl_35

You've been retiring players to address situations like this?
Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 18 (2,760 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Blueberry I think kyl_35 means when players retire in real life, they move them to ECHL to remove them from Franchise mode instead of just bumping down their attributes.
Message 5 of 18 (2,758 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@EA_Blueberry

@blackhawks61895 is right. If someone retires in real life I update my roster by moving them to the ECHL so they won’t show up when I play in franchise mode.
Message 6 of 18 (2,754 Views)

Community Manager
@kyl_35

Ah, gotcha.

Regarding the duplicate players we flagged it down to the team. Hopefully it's fixed soon in another update for you. I thought you had a way to remove a player from your end as a workaround in the meantime we could share with players.
Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 18 (2,681 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This still isn't fixed. I just got the game. I have players in free agency that are signed to other leagues, yet they are still in NHL free agency. Please fix this

Message 8 of 18 (2,488 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@underoathaaron77 it has been, what you have is just another issue at EA. Just send those guys to the ECHL or international teams and it will be solved
Message 9 of 18 (2,473 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry Just had this happen again after having no problem with it since it was fixed months ago. Posted about this (and other issues) in Bug Reports but have had no contact about them
Message 10 of 18 (2,348 Views)