Re: Goalie Helmet Editor

by trunkfu

Original Post

Goalie Helmet Editor

★★★ Newbie

Just curious why you can’t make custom goalie helmets in franchise mode!!! If you can add one that would be cool too 

Message 1 of 5 (1,746 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Jerrickdelorme If I had to guess, uniforms and goal masks have different setups. The uniforms probably have multiple material IDs where we swap colors swatches to change each of the zone colors.
For goalie masks, I think it's one material where they just use a texture map.
Message 2 of 5 (1,701 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Wouldn’t be very hard to just use Color and logos just be better for custom teams 

Message 3 of 5 (1,644 Views)

★ Guide

@gumby3dZB wrote:
@JerrickdelormeIf I had to guess, uniforms and goal masks have different setups. The uniforms probably have multiple material IDs where we swap colors swatches to change each of the zone colors.
For goalie masks, I think it's one material where they just use a texture map.

Actually that’s not the reason, believe it or not I asked for this 2 years ago. The response I got was that people would make legit goalie masks and EA hasn’t got right to authentic goalie masks. Therefore we won’t be able to edit them.

however I’d be happy if we could use one of the default masks that are there over the white mask

Message 4 of 5 (1,439 Views)

★★ Guide
@DeMiGoD1988 If someone made an authentic mask in the editor, it would definitely not go beyond EA.

We have the same helmet editor in Gran Turismo 7 and nobody minds.
Message 5 of 5 (1,429 Views)

nhl-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help