Re: Does the Nov gameplay update fix AI penalties

by IrishOwl

Original Post

Does the Nov gameplay update fix AI penalties

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Does the Nov gameplay update fix the issue where AI/ CUP never gets penalties in franchise mode.

i have all the penalty tuners set to 100 and numbers of penalties in rule set to 4/4.

Yet the computer never gets penalties during franchise mode games.

EA please please please fix this. It has been an issue for years. People have been asking for this fix for years

EA if you read this post please have someone reachout to me. I would love to share my views and ideas with you. Like adding more PK and PP lines so that when you near the end of a PK or PP you can have the right players on the ice depending if you are in the O or D zone.

please contact me

Message 1 of 10 (1,071 Views)

★★ Guide

EA isn't going to reach out to you. We've been asking for this stuff for years. Franchise Mode doesn't make them any extra money, so they don't show it a lot of love.

Also, what you are asking for is something people suggested in 2018, when they dropped the Vegas Franchise. I call it Coaching mode, so I can make the call on the ice while the game sims.

Let's face it, most of us like controlling the team, more then setting hot dog prices. They also need to let us hire coaches BEFORE we pick teams, so we can pick the best people.

Player's need to be fluid. If I put you on Line 3, and you stay there for a year, and the coach teaches Overload, but you are Behind the Net, you should change to meet line criteria.

They need to stop the TWF issue. They made a little headway with X Factors, but its still hard to get a +5 line chem with TWFs.

They need to balance the line preferences. No player you ever scout will have Hold the Line in defense and few (if any will have carry). 90% of prospect Defenders will be Pitch/Cycle.

When scouting a player, you shoulder get: Fits Top 4 D pairs, and all PK lines. It should literally give you a bio on the player's line preferences.

Chemistry should develop over time, based on similar line preferences and effectiveness of the line. Getting a +5 by adding a SNP, PLY, and PWF to a line with 11 green checks, shouldn't get you a +5 if those players never played together.

EA needs to make 2 different games. NhL RPG, with owner, coach, and pro modes, while making and NHL Online product for those interested in spending more money. LoL

Message 2 of 10 (999 Views)

★★ Guide
@IrishOwl When the AI can put their sticks through your legs and skates to pick up the puck without taking a tripping penalty, I say that's cheating. I'm assuming CPU penalties while simulating in franchise mode don't work either? Haven't played it since jersey numbers are stil broken too.
Message 3 of 10 (957 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm not saying its not broken. I'm simply pointing out that the "fix" people are complaining about isn't a fix. They are mistaking CPU Penalty for the number of CPU penalties in offline mode, it's not.

Message 4 of 10 (923 Views)

★★ Guide

LOL I did the exact same thing and posted a new thread the other day about this. This is getting comical at this point.

xD

Message 5 of 10 (884 Views)

Community Manager

Had this raised up to the team to be aware of. When we hear any updates on this we'll post it here.

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 10 (789 Views)

★ Guide

@migwrx wrote:

Does the Nov gameplay update fix the issue where AI/ CUP never gets penalties in franchise mode.

i have all the penalty tuners set to 100 and numbers of penalties in rule set to 4/4.

Yet the computer never gets penalties during franchise mode games.

Just curious, what "Game Style"  (Full Sim/Competitive) and level (Pro/Allstar/Superstar) are you using?

And... you are talking about games you're playing and NOT simming, right?

I haven't started a Franchise yet (waiting for fixes) but I've been playing Play Now on Full-Sim/Superstar with NO slider adjustments. The CPU team takes maybe 1 Interference call a game. They don't Trip, Slash, Charge, Elbow, etc. The funny thing is though my AI, controlled teammates are good for 2 or 3 penalties. It's really disappointing.

Message 7 of 10 (777 Views)

★★★ Novice

Good evening EA,

is there an update about this post from the team

Message 8 of 10 (697 Views)

★★★ Novice

?????????

Message 9 of 10 (480 Views)

★★★ Pro