AI Penalties in franchise mode (or lack thereof)

by avsfan3196

Original Post

AI Penalties in franchise mode (or lack thereof)

★★ Novice

I made a similar post for last year's game, and it's been an issue for a long long time. 

The AI opponents take few to no penalties, no matter what the penalty sliders are set to. I'm here killing off my third 5 on 3 of the game, and have had no powerplays. Why has this never been addressed? The powerplay is a huge part of hockey and a huge part of many teams' and players' production and this perennial issue ruins the experience.

@ EA Sports fix this please.

Message 1 of 10 (3,089 Views)

Re: AI Penalties in franchise mode (or lack thereof)

★★★★★ Novice
@avsfan3196 I really feel you on that, it sucks so much that the opponent AI can pokecheck me and stick lift me with 100% precision, but each time I stick lift, it’s slashing even if I’m in the best possible position. Penalty killing is fun, but so is being on the power play, of course it isn’t as fun lately because the strategies and formations thing is all broken but it still stands. It’s been like this for a while, the opponent AI never taking penalties. I remember getting so * off last year, and I think in 21 as well.
Message 2 of 10 (3,065 Views)

★★ Novice

I play as the Avs and not getting a chance to unleash that Makar-MacKinnon-Rantanen-Landeskog-Nichushkin powerplay unit really sucks

Message 3 of 10 (3,045 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_Aljo ^^^^^ This is a big thing. Opponents BARELY take penalties, like ever. 

Message 4 of 10 (3,019 Views)

Community Manager

@Bahamuta 

We're aware of this, but I don't have any updates currently.

Aljo.png
Message 5 of 10 (3,011 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Aljo  It’s been this way for at least five years. The AI doesn’t trip, slash, interfere, nothing. Whenever they do get a penalty if you watch the replay it’s almost always an accident where you turned “at just the right time”.

I’m really not trying to be funny, or troll. But people have been pointing this out for a half a decade. Did you guys really just become aware of this?

The funny thing was it actually wasn’t that bad until after the last few patches/tuners 

Message 6 of 10 (2,979 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EA puts out games and it takes months for them to be playable.  The lack of CPU penalties in franchise mode is a joke.  Why even have sliders that do nothing?

Message 7 of 10 (2,884 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I totally agree. I've been called for so many interference calls, when some have actually been generated by the AI. And those same calls I get called for, are ignored by the AI when committed by the AI team. For example. Dumping the puck into the opposite zone. When my player is in pursuit of the puck, the AI player moves into his path and blocks that progress. Result. No call. When it is an obvious interference call. This game has been broken for many years now. Offside, icings, lack of AI penalties. Also. They have never given the novice player a chance to progress. They player with inferior ranked teams against AI generated teams in SBs, and still have to score 5 goals more for full coinage. Maybe they should shift the game to the studio responsible for the soccer franchise, or MLB the show. At least they have a more even playing field, and don't gouge the field of players playing this broken game. EA. Pay attention. While you still can. The lack of improvement is going to cost you this franchise. The amount of players now playing has steadily decreased in the past several years, do to the same product and same problems being sold each year.

Message 8 of 10 (2,188 Views)

★★★ Novice

You guys been aware of this for YEARS!!! and each time say "we currently have no updates at this time" FIX YOUR GAME! I mean we pay $60 to $70 then in game purchases! Least you could is make the game semi realistic with the penalty calling! UNREAL!

Message 9 of 10 (1,881 Views)

★★★ Novice

You guys been aware of this for YEARS!!! and each time say "we currently have no updates at this time" FIX YOUR GAME! I mean we pay $60 to $70 then in game purchases! Least you could is make the game semi realistic with the penalty calling! UNREAL!
Message 10 of 10 (1,879 Views)

nhl-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help