Re: Worse than Origin ...

by xDodgerx

Original Post

Worse than Origin ...

★★ Novice

1) Tried to change download locations using EA Desktop. nada ... just shows a glitched out screen, unable to access my folders, hence unable to switch from the default folders.

2) Logs me out everytime despite me telling the app to remember this login. Everytime.

Currently facing these two issues ... which never occurred on Origin.

This is supposed to be a new and improved launcher, yes?
It's not.

Message 1 of 5 (922 Views)

Community Manager
@xDodgerx Thank you for sharing your experience so far with EA Desktop! I will be sharing this with our team, however, we are still in the Beta phase of our new client.

With the current login issues you are having, to check do you use any VPN or Firewall that maybe causing connection issues, if not I would recommend posting this in the Tech Boards we have for EA Desktop as well.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports-Technical-Issues/bd-p/ea-desktop-bug-reports-en

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 5 (879 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@xDodgerx Sounds like you're own issue? I have no problems changing the DL folder (as I did that as well), nor do I get logged out randomly.
Reinstall the app and delete Origin if still installed?
Message 3 of 5 (874 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_IlliumThanks, will give it a go then in another couple of months ... have reverted to Origin as all I want to do atm is just get some games going on Apex Legends.

Just to cover the bases though:  Wasn't on any firewall or VPN when the login issues occurred. They just would never stick when the I restart the computer. Each time, it would ask for user id and password.

Message 4 of 5 (859 Views)

★★ Novice

@OnSyncthank you for a throughly useless reply. I don't suffer from the same problem hence it's a 'You' problem.

I have no problems changing the DL folder on any other app except EA Desktop but yeah, it's a me issue.

Have deleted the app and reinstalled Origin. Everything fixed. Thanks.

Message 5 of 5 (858 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help