Re: Pop-up in Origin about EA app which can't be closed

by HiddenTidess

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yep, me too !

There was a work around via the Local.xml file at C:\ProgramData\Origin , HOWEVER EA disabled that workaround 2 days ago.

Back to square one, an EA app that doesn't work for many.

Only way out is a fresh install of Windows which is a no no for me .....

Message 61 of 91 (1,052 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Darko wrote:

Hey @XenithXenaku if you want your feedback to be heard then I'd suggest posting it in a manner that is not rude and abusive.

Okay, fine!

Then listen to the negative backlash of other people using the app, then we wouldn't have to be rude to you. It's your company's fault for releasing the app broken in the first place, so people are naturally angry about it.

It's because they have several issues with it, such as:

1. They liked Origin for a reason as it was perfectly fine the way it was... and they could use it offline, unlike the glitchy-as-hell EA App.

2. They don't like new things that are practically forced on them without a way to opt out of it especially if it's broken, as i previously mentioned before.

3. Really...? No way to use it offline? Even for single player games like The Sims franchise?! I mean, I get it if it was for online multiplayer games like Battlefield... but some people don't even play those games.

4. Issues with mods not working with the EA App, as they were working completely fine with Origin.

5. Problems with games disappearing from our library!

6. Older games randomly disappearing from the store...

7. The Sims 3: Create a World Tool being incompatible with the EA App, when it was working fine with, again... Origin.

8. Finally, the overall bugginess of the EA App.

It's gotten to the point that some users uninstalled the EA App and reinstalled Origin and enabled the "migration-disabled" tag in the local.xml file because they were getting tired of the App crashing all the time.

Sorry, but until those eight issues I listed above are fixed, I won't be touching the EA App and keep using Origin instead.

Seriously, people are starting to miss that program now and I hope you understand why.

I'm more than willing to trust you, but you need to earn our trust with the EA App first... and that disastrous launch didn't help with that at all.

And this is me trying to be kinder than the last post i made.

Message 62 of 91 (1,038 Views)

★★ Apprentice

How did you get back to Origin? Thanks.

Message 63 of 91 (974 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It is funny that they do not like the abuse, but have continued to dish it out for 5 months and continue to use the crAPP even though they know it is is sh17-show. At what point does accepting that abuse become Stockholm Syndrome? 2 years of beatings? I think that this crAPP needed at least 2 more years of development before they did anything with it. I only play 1 EA game (sims 4) and it will be my last EA game. EVER. 

Message 64 of 91 (960 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue, with sims 4. I'm perfectly fine using ea app as it has no problems on my pc... except that I can't use mods/cc. And when I tried to switch back to origin it won't let me. Wish we could still use origin. 

Message 65 of 91 (941 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Darko The app is unusable for most users, for a lot of games old and new. This needs to be addressed or we will need to be refunded of our games.
Message 66 of 91 (916 Views)

★★ Apprentice

That is because people were posting the workaround all over this place (I never found it though) and they are disabling all the options so we are forced to use thier sh!\-show crAPP whether we want to or not.

Message 67 of 91 (871 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I just wanted to let you know that the EA app will not let me play offline and it also won’t update or install the packs for the sims 4, it’s in a constant state of “loading” but it never really loads anything. I understand that a lot of people are having this problem and many more and that it obviously won’t be fixed right away but I was just wondering if any of this feedback is getting to higher management and when we can expect to be able to play our games again? Because currently I cannot play the sims 4 which is upsetting since I had preordered the new expansion pack growing together and was really looking forward to playing it! 

Message 68 of 91 (804 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Seems nobody understands how the EA app works, it's been fine ever since I've updated and updates have been absolutely fine or updating

If anything I'd say you guys need to better your skills with technology no offense.

But it's probably your computers like the manager guy said since it's only you guys having these "issues". Also, doesn't help if you come bombarding in

From a Youtube influencers video to put pressure on EA that just makes it harder on them lol.

Message 69 of 91 (769 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@AlexYamchi Don't be gaslighting people, please. We are having real issues, including creators with high-end machines who know their computers and ways around games inside and out. This isn't an "us" problem, it's a faulty app problem.
Message 70 of 91 (1,134 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help