Please add the ability to throttle downloads to a set rate.

by Calthion13

Original Post

Please add the ability to throttle downloads to a set rate.

★★★ Novice

Please add the ability to throttle downloads to a set rate. One of the biggest advantages of other game clients is the ability to set a limited download rate, so that the game downloads and updates don't suck up the entire bandwidth of the entire house and choke things up. It's nice having access to the EA games through EA Desktop, but I've had to put off downloading games I've wanted to play for a rare period that won't interfere with the affairs of the rest of my home.

I hope you'll consider this suggestion and add it when you have the time and resources. Thank you.

Message 1 of 4 (830 Views)

Re: Please add the ability to throttle downloads to a set rate.

Community Manager

We appreciate the feedback! 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 4 (765 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@Calthion13+1 EA Desktop needs a way to set a limit to its download speed. Missing such an important setting in any game launcher/store in 2021 is surprising to say the least.

Message 3 of 4 (612 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree this is very much needed. In fact the current selection of rates are of no use for me as my download rate max's out at about 5MB so I only have Unlimited (same as 5MB for me) or 1MB.

If you look at the selection of rates each one is double the previous except between 1MB and 5MB where it is a five fold increase. As the OP requested please add the ability to set your own rate or at least add 2MB, 3MB, 4MB for us lot with slower speeds. Thanks.

Message 4 of 4 (116 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help