Re: Option to Uninstall Games

by xSweffx

Original Post

Option to Uninstall Games

★★ Apprentice

HI Guys,

The new ea desktop is missing the option to remove games from your computer from the launcher it self.

Message 1 of 15 (8,065 Views)

Community Manager
@Illusionnist Thank you for the feedback, wanted to confirm are you thinking about having an uninstall button, or the ability to hide icons on your desktop or in the launch window?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 15 (7,912 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@EA_Illium  I was refering about the ablility to remove the game completely from a system. I had downloaded ffxv from the eadesktop but once I had finished the game. I wished to remove it from my system but the launcher did not have the option to remove/uninstall the game under the management tab of the launcher. I had to remove/uninstall the game from origin. I mean you can unistall using the control panel but as origin has the option to unintall/remove game I assumed ea desktop would have it as well but it was missing the option. Just wanted to give my feedback regarding this option.

Thanks

Message 3 of 15 (7,901 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yep. I can't find a way to simply uninstall a game. How absolutely, incredibly stupid. Just....WOW.

Message 4 of 15 (7,875 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@xSweffx B E T A, however, wrongfully chosen by EA for the new launcher as the software is in Alpha, as Beta usually means its feature-done and bugs will be straightened out before release and no new features will be added until after release.

Either way, in modern speech Beta, has been more acquainted to be more of " under development " rather than what it actually means, and from my guess used as Beta is much more widely known by the common users.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Beta
Message 5 of 15 (7,870 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Illusionnist just to clarify, the launcher doesn't remove the game, the game itself contains a uninstall part that the launcher, launches, as it does when you install or start the game.

Just a fyi.
Message 6 of 15 (7,868 Views)

★★★ Novice

Even if it was announced as Alpha having a launcher that can install games and not uninstall them is crazy stupid. That's step 1 of its purpose. That buying feature seems to be implemented though. Look at that big * blue purchase button while there's no uninstall in sight.

Message 7 of 15 (7,863 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@xSweffxyou can still uninstall it from inside windows, as it says beta, don't cry over features that aren't there, encourage them to implement it instead.

EA Desktop also heavily depends on Origin so you can always uninstall the games thru Origin, at least the games installed and downloaded from Origin.
Not sure if EAD installed games could be removed from Origin.

Nonetheless, I do share your thought that it should exist and I'm sure of it that it will come in future releases.

Message 8 of 15 (7,843 Views)

EA will not allow me to delete my own games

★★★ Newbie

So I made the mistake of linking my Xbox Gamepass to EA Play, it was super hidden and hard to do I guess for a reason. But now I downloaded Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2005) to see if the servers were up and they were not. Now I want to delete the game THAT I DOWNLOADED, and now I do not have permission to delete MY OWN GAMES. Is this a form of EA ransomware?

Message 9 of 15 (7,107 Views)

Re: EA will not allow me to delete my own games

★★★ Newbie
Message 10 of 15 (7,007 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help