No possibility to play offline

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: No possibility to play offline

★★ Novice

EA should update their Beta version to enable offline play! It is available through Origin. It would be a major mistake if EA fails to include it in their own launcher!

In my case, this one item alone would be enough for me not to use EA over Origin!

Message 21 of 70 (4,410 Views)

★★★ Newbie

make this happen asap!! if I dodnt spend so much money on a game I would not use this app.

Message 22 of 70 (4,291 Views)

★★ Novice

Please add offline mode in EA so I can play FIFA 22 offline when My internet connection is down!!!

Message 23 of 70 (4,015 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm a game pass ultimate user and I'm forced to use this beta app, the games I play have an offline mode which i can't even utilise because of this app, sometimes I cant even play when I dont have a connection, April 2022 and we're still stuck with this ancient problem.

EA has to just cancel this failling beta and let us use origin or simply give us an offline mode. 

We shouldnt be forced to use an experimental app its messing with our gameplay

Message 24 of 70 (3,647 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@ebleek or they could just scrap their useless DRM platform as a whole and launch directly through whatever platform you actually have the game on instead of tacking on a bunch of extra garbage.
Message 25 of 70 (3,634 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@tyl0413 ,I second that, my EA play subscribtion is linked to the Xbox app I should just be able to launch it there where my account details are verified once monthly not every single session.

Message 26 of 70 (3,602 Views)

★ Novice

Still no offline mode after 2 years? They gotta be kidding.

Message 27 of 70 (3,337 Views)

★★★ Guide

Both origin and the ea (cr)app are freezing my pc when I start my game or while accessing certain online features. At least origin has a play offline but the next generation does not even though it partially necessary to have it. I just dont see any rational reason why they dont implement this.

Message 28 of 70 (3,248 Views)

★ Novice

So now EA Desktop is almost imminent on a full release and origin is closing down, are we any closer to having an offline mode? Or at least an option to launch games without updating them. 

Message 29 of 70 (2,327 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

What a shame! Can we go back to physical media please - no online only modes/ mandatory updates etc!

I will be fuming if they force us onto EA app without an offline mode!

Message 30 of 70 (2,242 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help